Dreambox Videolist

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Flipit
AV Hardware:4TB BUFFALO TS-LIVE with TWONKY 4.4, PS3, Dreambox 500+
Dreambox Videolist

Post by Flipit » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi,

Need some help with Twonky 4.4 on a Buffalo TS-Live 4TB.

I have created a videolist as follows:

#VIDEOLIST
#NAME:DREAMBOX-TV
#TITLE:BCC WORLD
#DEFAULT-EXTENSION:TS
http://Dreambox1:Port/PAT/PMT/VPID/APID/PCRPID
#TITLE:SKY NEWS
#DEFAULT-EXTENSION:TS
http://Dreambox1:Port/PAT/PMT/VPID/APID/PCRPID

I have named it dreambox.playlists and saved it to the twonkymedia.db

Performed a rescan of the directories from twonky config, nothing.

Performed a rebuilt of the databases, dreambox.playlists now gone but still no video playlist displayed to any clients ?

Have I done somehting wrong ? Can I use TS as a default extension ? URLs are valid.

Many Thanks

Flipit

Flipit
AV Hardware:4TB BUFFALO TS-LIVE with TWONKY 4.4, PS3, Dreambox 500+

Re: Dreambox Videolist

Post by Flipit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:16 am

No responses !

Oh well, I have done some 'playing' on my own.

Seems that the playlist is not loaded by Twonky unless it's in the following format: xxxx.import.playlists

So for me that's 'dreambox.import.playlists' needs to be placed in the townkymedia.db folder. Make sure to CHMOD the folder first if your a *nix based NAS user as permissions are set be default to only allow read access.

Next, the playlist seems to only be imported on a database rebuild, not a directory rescan so each time the playlist changes it requires an complete rebuild ! ( Please change this is at all possible - Twonky it's a major chore.)

(as far as I have got for now) it seems that the parseing of the url is causing some problems. The url is replaced with a proxy once imported by Twonky, which in turn once selected does not resolve to the real url so just times out. I've tested this with several urls but not exhasutively, (I have a big database so rebuild take 20mins or so)

I'm thinking that the twonky parser may not like the trailing backslashes after the port,(haven't proved that yet though) but I don't know why this would be the case. It should be easy enough to just redirect from the twonky url request to the real url without having to change the oringal url, but then again i don't know how twonky handles this.. any help appreciated.

Odd as this seems to be ok for web radio urls as shown in the dev pages on the main twonky site , but not videolists

Anyone managed to get a web stream to work from a videolist (playlist) ? Anyone with any further insight..

Flipit