Reciva Based Radios and Streaming

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
lenny
AV Hardware:Roku 1001, Reciva IR100, Maxtor Shared Storage Plus
Reciva Based Radios and Streaming

Post by lenny » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi All,
I've been using twonky for a few years now with a Roku 1001 with no problems.
Also for the last year I've had an IR100 Reciva based radio for use in the bedroom.
With the Reciva the start of tracks has always missed a few seconds but not so it would mess up my partners listening to audio books.
I've upgraded the Recivas firmware and now the problem has increased in that you miss a good 20 seconds and books are useless to listen to as you miss so much of the start of each chapter.
I've now, on the advice on Reciva's forum changed to Sharpfin firmware and modified config files but still missing 20 seconds.
Twonky does not have aany listing for Reciva based clients in its set up so I'm stumped as to what to do next!
I think this is a problem with Recieva as the Roku is fine. But I'm hoping there may be a Twonky solution?

Anyone any ideas?

Regards,

Len

whitecloud1
AV Hardware:Windows XP
TwonkyMedia 4.5,
Reciva Tangent Quattro
Windows Media 11

Re: Reciva Based Radios and Streaming

Post by whitecloud1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:20 pm

I have the same problem. Bought a Reciva "Tangent Quattro" internet Radio which also works as a Upnp client.
It works fine with Windows Media (11) on my PC but I would like to turn off the PC and use a networked HD.

So I also have a Linkstation (NAS) running Linux on which I just installed TwonkyMedia 4.5.

It sounds great but omits the first few seconds of every track. This is most annoying.
This problem is not unique to the NAS. It also happens when streaming from my Windows Desktop PC.

So I also installed 2 other media servers on the NAS:

1. Mediatomb. Works great, and I figured out how to install playlists (which I had to create using Media Monkey in order to tag some .wav files).
2. Firefly. Great for serving files to iTunes and the playlists appear in sub folder.

I don't really have to use Twonky to serve audio to the Reciva, but wonder if the skipping of start of audio files can be fixed?

Any advice welcome,
JB

Benneton
AV Hardware:Buffalo Terastation, firmware 2.17 login enabled. Twonky 4.17
Kodak EX811
Philips SL400i
Sonos ZP90
Tangent Quattro MKII

Post by Benneton » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi,

Have the same problem, I also have a Tangent Quattro. When I connect it to Twonky and select the music I want to hear the box connects to twonke buffers to 100% and then I hear nothing. When I hit the stop button I see that the track has been playing for over 2 minuts.
Can it be that the Quattro does not decode mp3's of 320kb? I could not find the specs of the mp3 it can handle. The Tangent site only states that the quattro will play mp3's.

Any suggestions?

Bernard

Benneton
AV Hardware:Buffalo Terastation, firmware 2.17 login enabled. Twonky 4.17
Kodak EX811
Philips SL400i
Sonos ZP90
Tangent Quattro MKII

Post by Benneton » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Did some more testing.
Figured out that when I select mp3's from a directory /mediaroot/test/*.mp3 it works The mp3 starts to play. Only after about 1 minut connection lost and no more sound (could be the 5.0 beta 1 causing this, will try 4.4.6 later).
When I select file from /mediaroot/cd/artist/album/*.mp3 the quattro tries to connect but neer starts to play, sometimes it states that it is started but no sound.

Anyona a idea, possible that reciva based stuff cannot handle to deep in the directory structure?

Regards,

Bernard