Registration Check Bug Ver 4.4.4

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity
Registration Check Bug Ver 4.4.4

Post by GregiBoy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:45 pm

I just purchased another licence for Twonky as I just installed the linux version of Twonky on my hacked Linksys NAS 200. The reason that I hacked the NAS 200 and installed the full version of Twonky is that there is very little control over the version of Twonky that comes with the NAS 200.

No problems there and the NAS 200 is working fine. I am also running a PC version of Twonky on my W2K server as both are serving different media libraries.

In the past, I had nearly always had more that one version of Twonky running on my network, usually the production version for actual use and the beta version for testing and bug reporting and never had a problem. Somehow, in the dim dark past, I thought I had read that you may have up to 3 instances running on your network.

Anyhow, I originally ran up the NAS 200 to prove that it all worked with my original purchased licence key and once I was happy that all worked fine, I purchased another licence key online from the Twonky store and recieved the key by email. I did this because I was now going to have 2 production servers.

I then went to the NAS version and input the key and saved the changes and restarted Twonky..

I then went to my players to test and the NAS version of Twonky had no media in the database ?????

I then started troubleshooting and found on the NAS version Web Gui a error message in red saying "This serial number is being used by another instance of Twonky. Please buy another licence", YADA,YADA, YADA !!!

I then double checked the licence keys in both the PC & NAS versions and they were unique and were correct as per the licence keys received.

I then tested starting and stopping Twonky on each machine, and whichever instance started second returned the error.

In frustration, I set both servers to the same licence key and I now have no problems !!! Both start and run fine.

I think Twonky may have stuffed up the logic here !!! Any thoughts ???

As an aside, the PC version is 4.4.2 whilst the NAS version is 4..4.4 and I find the IP client detection of 4.4.2 far more reliable than the MAC address based detection of 4.4.4

Regards,
Greg

GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity

Re: Registration Check Bug Ver 4.4.4

Post by GregiBoy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:55 am

Bump !!!

Stenvik
AV Hardware:Denon AVP-A1HD
Toshiba Qosmio G30 HD

Post by Stenvik » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:16 am

GregiBoy wrote:I just purchased another licence for Twonky as I just installed the linux version of Twonky on my hacked Linksys NAS 200. The reason that I hacked the NAS 200 and installed the full version of Twonky is that there is very little control over the version of Twonky that comes with the NAS 200.

No problems there and the NAS 200 is working fine. I am also running a PC version of Twonky on my W2K server as both are serving different media libraries.

In the past, I had nearly always had more that one version of Twonky running on my network, usually the production version for actual use and the beta version for testing and bug reporting and never had a problem. Somehow, in the dim dark past, I thought I had read that you may have up to 3 instances running on your network.

Anyhow, I originally ran up the NAS 200 to prove that it all worked with my original purchased licence key and once I was happy that all worked fine, I purchased another licence key online from the Twonky store and recieved the key by email. I did this because I was now going to have 2 production servers.

I then went to the NAS version and input the key and saved the changes and restarted Twonky..

I then went to my players to test and the NAS version of Twonky had no media in the database ?????

I then started troubleshooting and found on the NAS version Web Gui a error message in red saying "This serial number is being used by another instance of Twonky. Please buy another licence", YADA,YADA, YADA !!!

I then double checked the licence keys in both the PC & NAS versions and they were unique and were correct as per the licence keys received.

I then tested starting and stopping Twonky on each machine, and whichever instance started second returned the error.

In frustration, I set both servers to the same licence key and I now have no problems !!! Both start and run fine.

I think Twonky may have stuffed up the logic here !!! Any thoughts ???

As an aside, the PC version is 4.4.2 whilst the NAS version is 4..4.4 and I find the IP client detection of 4.4.2 far more reliable than the MAC address based detection of 4.4.4

Regards,
Greg
So one has to buy additional licences if one want to run multiple twonky servers at home ?

scorp888
AV Hardware:Kodak EX1011
Xbox 360

Post by scorp888 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:35 pm

yup, and there is no family pack.

I'm in the market for 4, assuming that twonky can stop it crashing on my mac after 2 minutes.

Stenvik
AV Hardware:Denon AVP-A1HD
Toshiba Qosmio G30 HD

Post by Stenvik » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:23 pm

scorp888 wrote:yup, and there is no family pack.

I'm in the market for 4, assuming that twonky can stop it crashing on my mac after 2 minutes.
Should have been cheaper to buy additional licences