Twonky NAS Randomly Stopped Working :(

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Stangs55
AV Hardware:Buffalo NAS 1 TB Linkstation Live
PS3, 360
PC with Vista Ultimate
Twonky NAS Randomly Stopped Working :(

Post by Stangs55 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:53 pm

Well I was in love with Twonky...now I'm just pissed.

I bought a 1Tb Buffalo Linkstation Live NAS a few weeks ago and installed the Twonky server on it successfully. Since then, it has streamed all my music and videos flawlessly to my PS3 and 360.

Then last night, I go to watch a ripped TV show and Twonky no longer shows that I have any media files. So I restart the NAS, then restart Twonky...and now my videos show up, but when I go to play them on the PS3 it says the data is corrupted. I copy the files off my NAS and onto my PC to see if the data is truly corrupt, and they play fine...so that's not the issue. Next, I go into the Twonky settings page and rescan the libraries...then nothing shows up. So I rebuild the database...well now I have all my files listed again, but they play the wrong item! For example, I go to watch a video and it plays some random song. Or I go to play an album and it plays something else. I've since rebuilt the database multiple times and it's still playing the wrong stuff.

I've done everything I know how to do...what's left? How do I fix this?

By the way, my files are in folders titled video and music respectively. I seem to keep running accross people mentioning qmultimedia as the root? Is this necessary? If so, why was it working flawlessly before?

Thanks.