Twonky fails to read some tags

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity
Twonky fails to read some tags

Post by GregiBoy » Sun May 04, 2008 7:39 am

I struck a real funny one today.

I compared my MP3 Tracks maintained by Twonky against a scan by MediaMonkey and found Twonky 10 tracks short.

After much searching and comparison I found that Twonky was not recognising the following album "...Ish" by 1927

I modified the album tag with MediaMonkey to read "Ish" instead of "...Ish" and Twonky recognised it fine.

Obviously Twonky does not like the leading "..."

_hendrik

Re: Twonky fails to read some tags

Post by _hendrik » Thu May 15, 2008 10:00 am

Hi,

that's weird: I could not reproduce that problem. It works fine with "..." in the artist tag.
Is there anything else that is "weird" about this mp3 file? What version of the twonkymedia server do you actually use?

-Hendrik

RiJo
AV Hardware:..:: QNAP TS-109 Pro :: Pinnacle SoundBridge M1001 ::..

Post by RiJo » Thu May 15, 2008 3:42 pm

_hendrik wrote:Hi,

that's weird: I could not reproduce that problem. It works fine with "..." in the artist tag.
Is there anything else that is "weird" about this mp3 file? What version of the twonkymedia server do you actually use?

-Hendrik
It wasn't the artist-tag, it was the album-tag...

k10ck3r

Post by k10ck3r » Thu May 15, 2008 6:37 pm

I've noticed the same problem with album art - it won't display if the track name or album name has anything but standard alphanumeric text (in my case, I noticed that commas and ampersands caused problems). I reported this error for version 4.2, and received a reply that it would be fixed in version 4.3. But it hasn't been fixed yet. I even went into the beta forum to try and remind the developers that it wasn't fixed. I guess they didn't like me reminding them - my thread was locked.