Twonky 4.4.5 + McAfee Firewall + PS3

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
flotschi301
AV Hardware:- Windows Vista with Twonky Mediaserver 4.4
- Playstation3 as client
Twonky 4.4.5 + McAfee Firewall + PS3

Post by flotschi301 » Sun May 18, 2008 10:10 am

Hi everyone,

I tried to setup the Twonky MediaServer to Stream data to my new PS3. Always when trying to open the folders with the streaming-content in my PS3 it gives me the Error "DLNA Protocol Error 7522". I already verified and found, that my McAfee Firewall is blocking the connection (when disableing the firewall, all is working fine). I tried to open all ports i found reguarding twonky and ps3 (UDP: 1900, 1030, 9080 - TCP: 5000, 9000) gave full permission to all twonky-related applications i found in McAffee (twonkymedia.exe; twonkymediaserver.exe) and set the PS3 to the trusted network, all without success. Can you provide a hint, maybe i forgot something to enter here?

Greets Flotschi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Vista Ultimate
Twonky MediaServer 4.4.5
Windows-Firewall de-activated

ps3help1
AV Hardware:ps3
mac i

Re: Twonky 4.4.5 + McAfee Firewall + PS3

Post by ps3help1 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:13 am

Just to let you all know i have been tickering with twonky all day it all worked fine streaming from my imac 3.9 but was not able to have the firewall on i have finally got it sorted go into SYSTEM PREF.
THEN Click sharing when window pops up click on firewall tab then click create new might have to turn off firewall first
Then from drop down menu choose other as the port name and then set port to 9000 and MAKE SURE u call it media server in the description and all will be fine hope this helps all those who are havin probs getting firewall to work with mac to ps3