Losing first 10 seconds of MP3 playback

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Manzaboy
AV Hardware:Revo Blik Wireless

TwonkyMedia 4.xxx
Losing first 10 seconds of MP3 playback

Post by Manzaboy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi,

I am trying to determine if this is a hardware or software (Twonky) issue.

I have a Revo Blik Wifi which Seems to work with Twonky (on Windows Vista) and is identified as an Oxx Alto on Twonky settings. I can see TwonkyMedia under Upnp devices and play MP3's but it always misses the first 10 seconds off each track. It also seems to miss the last 10 seconds sometimes. It's really frustrating and I don't know if I have Twonky configured incorrectly or if this is a feature of the Internet Radio itself?

Any suggestions\ideas or similar experiences would be appreciated!!!

ablevy

Re: Losing first 10 seconds of MP3 playback

Post by ablevy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:22 am

Try ripping with different software and see if that solves the problem. That used to be an issue with some older boxes.

Alan

ralnar

Post by ralnar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:15 pm

I have another Reciva-based WiFi-radio and experience the same thing. I think I saw something about this on the reciva forum.

qnapuser

Post by qnapuser » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:35 pm

I have a Logik IR100 (reciva based) which was cutting off the first twenty seconds or so of tracks when using Twonky (PC or NAS). This was reduced to about four or five seconds by altering some audio muting settings in the unit's o/s (see Sharpfin for more info). However, for users not with Twonky, this hack eliminated it altogether. I confirmed this by trying the unit with tversity and everything was ok.

It wasn't until a later firmware update for the IR100 that the cut-off was eliminated when using Twonky. Note though, that I needed both the audio muting hack AND the new firmware for it to work on the IR100, and the hack is not straightforward, involving installing software on the IR100 and the use of Vi text editor.

John