Content / folder directories

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
unholyone
AV Hardware:Dlink DSM 520
Content / folder directories

Post by unholyone » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Hello,

I have installed twonkyvision to try before I buy. I have one issue I cannot find an aswer to in the setup manual or by search in the forums.

I have allot a video that I categorize by genre. Meaning I have all my comedies in a comedy folder, drama in a drama folder , action in an action folder and sofirth.

When I add each directorie by itself they all get lumped together so I have no idea as to which are comedies, dramas and soforth.

Is there a way to have it show the videos in their own directories instead of all lumped together?

I am running twonky on a windows xp pc and using a Dlink DSM 520 to watch the vidoes on my tv.

Magyarock

Re: Content / folder directories

Post by Magyarock » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Did you make a video tree?

Make a new directory in the root of your disk and copy all the "genre-directories" to this directory so they become subdirectories of the new made folder

Then make your video tree:
Video node 1, type folder. Choose the name of this node as you like

I think this is what you mean.

György

unholyone
AV Hardware:Dlink DSM 520

Re: Content / folder directories

Post by unholyone » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:47 pm

OK Not sure as I have not found how to use or set of the Video Tree. I tried instead of sharing each folder directory as below and tried sharing the entire drive.
When I shre the entire drive it then is broken down by each of the directories as below. But it also shares folder that I do not want shared via the media server.
So I am unsure as to how to properly set it up.

Below is somewhat what I have to deal with.

Drive H:
Comedy Folder (With a folder for each video)
Drama Folder (With a folder for each video)
Action Folder (With a folder for each video)

Drive I:
TV (Episoded) Folder (With a folder for each series)

Drive J:
Adventure Folder (With a folder for each video)
Horror Folder (With a folder for each video)
Sci-Fi Folder (With a folder for each video)
Thriller Folder (With a folder for each video)