I can't get my album tracks to play in the right order

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
bodger99
AV Hardware:Noxon2 Internet r2tjy9uadio
I can't get my album tracks to play in the right order

Post by bodger99 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:05 am

I'm using Twonky Media4.4.6. When I play an album on my internet radio, (Noxon 2), I just can't seem to get particular albums to play in the right order. Whilst a random track play is OK for many albums, it's certainly not OK for something like Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' or classical music more obviously.

Is this a particular problem with the Noxon or is it the ID3 tags on each music file perhaps? All my music files are .mp3's. (I'm currently using Winamp 5.4.1 as my player although I did use iTunes for a while.)

I suspect that this problem has been discussed many times before. I did try searching for some helpful advice but I obviously didn't use the right search terms.

I'd be really grateful if someone could provide me with some useful tips or links.

Thanks

terryg
AV Hardware:buffalo linkstation live, denon s-52dab, windows xp

Re: I can't get my album tracks to play in the right order

Post by terryg » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm using twonky media server on a buffalo linkstation, using a denon s-52DAB table top player. I also had a problem where all the folder tracks played in alphabetical order rather than album order. I hunted around some other discussion boards - can't remember which one, but it may have been zovia (http://www.ziova.com/forum/lofiversion/ ... t4370.html). Anyway the post suggested a solution which I tried, and it worked for me.

I modified the twonky client db file on the server - the denon shows up in twonky configuration interface (clients/security) as a 'generic media receiver' so I found this entry in the client file in

ID:001
NA:Generic Media Receiver
XM:DLNA15
DB:AUTO

I added an entry XM:IGNORESORT to this.

ID:001
NA:Generic Media Receiver
XM:IGNORESORT
DB:AUTO

(I deleted the XM:DLNA15 as it didn't appear in the post I read, but I think I could have left this in - I may try re-adding it at some point)

I restarted the server and when I navigate to the tracks (MP3) via FOLDER they appear in Album order.

hope this helps

TG