Custom navigation tree setup instructions?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
geogan
Custom navigation tree setup instructions?

Post by geogan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:00 am

Did anyone successfully manage to figure out how to use the whole navigation tree setup pages??? No matter what i try to do it doesn't seem to work... is there any documentation for it? I am just trying to add some sort of personal rating node and when i type "Personal Rating" into bottom empty box of video tree and choose "Personal Rating" from dropdown and hit "Save Changes" it just comes back to the way it was previously with no changes done. Also what is the ABC dropdown for??? What do the "Add Level" buttons do??

bunny
AV Hardware:PS3 accessing Twonky via wi-fi

Re: Custom navigation tree setup instructions?

Post by bunny » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:59 am

I am also having serious problems. I have no idea how I am supposed to set up Twonky because I cannot find any instructions having installed it. I have multiple drives, some with files in directories, some with the files in the root directory. I can set it up so a single directory appears with all the files in it but I want to split them up into sub-folders within Twonky. Any pointers on how to do this would be great.

geogan

Post by geogan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 am

I don't know how to do what you want short of putting all your data under one root folder or setting the entire drive to share. It's a bit crap though because there is no security or login at all through the media server so anything you have shared is accessible to anyone who turns on your PS3 - it's an extremelly bad security backdoor - who wants their girlfriend to stumble across their pr0n collection? :) . I take it nobody knows how to use the navigation tree pages then...

jojaspi
AV Hardware:Windows XP and Vista

Post by jojaspi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:09 am

geogan wrote:Did anyone successfully manage to figure out how to use the whole navigation tree setup pages??? No matter what i try to do it doesn't seem to work... is there any documentation for it? I am just trying to add some sort of personal rating node and when i type "Personal Rating" into bottom empty box of video tree and choose "Personal Rating" from dropdown and hit "Save Changes" it just comes back to the way it was previously with no changes done. Also what is the ABC dropdown for??? What do the "Add Level" buttons do??
To Save your changes to the tree, the first thing you have to do is to set the tree to "Custom", at the bottom of the page, After you do that, all your changes to the tree can be saved (you will have to restart the server after saving changes to the tree).
ABC adds a level before the chosen level, including items like ABC, DEF, etc if you chose 3; ABCD, EFGH, etc if you chose 4 etc etc..
By adding a level you can make your hierarchical tree as deep as you want.. (See the default examples), like Composer>>Genre>>Artist>>Album, etc etc.
Just try it out and see what it does :)

geogan

Post by geogan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:32 pm

Yes but when i change the navigation to any of the options on dropdown - Simple, IPod like, Advanced and hit save changes, the tree structure doesn't change (for either video or photos)!! :!: . It stays as Folder-Folder, Date-Year/Month for photo and just Folder-Folder for video!?!?? I seem to remember in older versions when i changed the dropdown i got big advanced layout with lots of nodes for Advanced... Is there a bug in 4.4.7? (i restarted server like it said and it made no difference)

salsaholic
AV Hardware:Raidsonic ICY BOX IB-NAS-1000-B / Twonky 4.3
Terratec Noxon iRadio 2

Post by salsaholic » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:58 am

I also have a question regarding the navigation tree setup, alhough a bit more specific:
I have a few main music directories with very different types of music, for example "Musica Latina" and "classic". I would like to add a first navigation level, which lets me choose between these. So the first music menu should contain "Musica Latina" and "classic". Beneath that, I would like to keep my current menu with entries like "Artist / Album", "year" and so on. Is there any way to configure this?
I have tried a "directory" option and "Artist / Album" beneath that, but the 2nd level is never reached. I can navigate down the directory tree unil I see a list of files, but never see an artist or album selection. Besides that, with the directory choice I would always have to choose "directory" first, then the directory name (i.e. "classic") - I would prefer to just have a "classic" menu option directly under "menu".
Basically I am looking for something two or three completely seperate databases, between which I could choose at the main menu (or somewhere else).
Any help or ideas appreciated!
Cheers,
Klaus

jojaspi
AV Hardware:Windows XP and Vista

Post by jojaspi » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:27 am

salsaholic wrote:I also have a question regarding the navigation tree setup, alhough a bit more specific:
I have a few main music directories with very different types of music, for example "Musica Latina" and "classic". I would like to add a first navigation level, which lets me choose between these. So the first music menu should contain "Musica Latina" and "classic". Beneath that, I would like to keep my current menu with entries like "Artist / Album", "year" and so on. Is there any way to configure this?
I need exactly the same.
First choise should be a Directory, second artist (or composer), third album etc.
You can choose "Folder" as your first level, and add Artist as a second level, album as a third etc.
But this first traverses ALL the directoy-levels till the bottom level, and then provides the choise between artists at the bottom level directory. And if all the files at that level have the same artist, you directly see the list of all the files in that directory.

Anyone a solution??

bbrip

Post by bbrip » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:37 pm

Same problems here. Would love a solution but given how buggy Twonky is, I fear it is somply not working the way it is suposed to.

RdP
AV Hardware:QNAP209 pro II

Post by RdP » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Any resolution for this yet. Does the new version 4.4.9 resolves this ???

tomtv

Post by tomtv » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:54 pm

I would also very much appreciate a set up as the one described by salsaholic.
In a desparate attempt, I tried to use the KEYWORD tag in my MP3 files, but it seems TwonkyMedia does not really support this (although it shows up in the custom music tree page).
I'm in fact very close to use the GENRE tag. But I'd hate to do this, because I loose the more fine-grained classification that is currently contained in this tag.

If anyone knows of good work around, please share it with us!

Tom

michaelfromffm
AV Hardware:Windows XP, Odys-Inet radio

Post by michaelfromffm » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:48 pm

No solution? I also want to sort by a different order.