Twonky can't see my music

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
nutts
AV Hardware:Denon 4308
Pioneer BDP LX70A
2TB Icybox (IB-NAS4220-B)
Twonky 4.46
XBOX 360 Elite (x2)
Netgear MP101
Twonky can't see my music

Post by nutts » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:50 pm

I had it working perfectly on 4.4.6, but I thought I'd play with 5.0 beta for the transcoding functionality. However, when 5.0 beta didn't recognise my music, I put 4.4.6 back. However, nothing I do will now make Twonky see my music. I am running an IB4220 NAS.

What I did...

I created 2 extra folders

\applications\twonkymedia beta 5.0\
\applications\twonkymedia 4.4.6 original\

as well as the original folder
\applications\twonkymedia\

I then stopped the server and copied the contents of the \applications\twonkymedia\ folder to \applications\twonkymedia 4.4.6 original\. I then copied the contents of the \applications\twonkymedia beta 5.0\ folder to \applications\twonkymedia\. To put it back to normal I reversed it after stopping the server again.

I have stopped and restarted the server (numerous times) and also changed the scanning and clicked to perform manual scanning. Nothing seems to work :? and I can't see what has changed?

The version that is displayed is 4.4.6.

On the NAS under "Network Service", I have disabled Twonky and saved... then enabled and saved. :?

Help :roll:

nutts
AV Hardware:Denon 4308
Pioneer BDP LX70A
2TB Icybox (IB-NAS4220-B)
Twonky 4.46
XBOX 360 Elite (x2)
Netgear MP101

Re: Twonky can't see my music

Post by nutts » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Sorted! Thanks for all the help :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just deleted the media.ini file and allowed it to be recreated. The strange things is that I've compared the old & new files and for the life of me, I can't see any difference! :?