Different platforms - different behaviour

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
andyg
AV Hardware:Windows Vista PC - Intel Core Duo 4 Gb RAM
IcyBox NAS-4220B
PS3 F/W 2.50
Different platforms - different behaviour

Post by andyg » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi all - I originally posted those over in Linux specific but got no replies so I've moved it to a wider audience

I have an odd situation. I have been running 4.4.9 on my Windows PC for about 6 months.

I have just bought an IcyBox 4220NAS which has a trial version of Twonky on it so I decided to move all of my media off of the PC and transfer the Twonky registration to the NAS.

So far so good.

I am using Twonky to stream to a PS3. Several of the media files that used to play fine on the PS3 when streamed from the PC now show up as unsupported media when streamed from the NAS. This makes no sense to me at all. The PS3 is properly identified in both servers client list.

As far as I was aware the server simply streams the content to the client which does what it does so can anyone suggest why the same file is treated differently depending on the OS the server is running on

Many Thanks

Andy

andyg
AV Hardware:Windows Vista PC - Intel Core Duo 4 Gb RAM
IcyBox NAS-4220B
PS3 F/W 2.50

Re: Different platforms - different behaviour

Post by andyg » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Is there really no one with any insight at all ?

rmkmonk
AV Hardware:Helios X5000 Wireless Streamer
IcyBox IB-4220-NAS

Re: Different platforms - different behaviour

Post by rmkmonk » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:23 pm

No solution, but I have exactly the same problem, the only difference being that I am playing the files through my Helios x5000 media player which plays flac, m4a and many other files straight off the PC, but twonky cannot stream the files, only showing the titles. I have tried asking for help, but like you no help.