Registration and config settings disappearing in 4.4.9

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Sabrerain
AV Hardware:na
Registration and config settings disappearing in 4.4.9

Post by Sabrerain » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 am

Hi

I am using a Buffalo 500 GB Linkstation Live NAS box to stream to my Xbox 360. I have successfully installed twonky with no issue and can stream successfully using it. :D

I configure twonky via my Windows Vista (32-bit) PC using Mozilla Firefox.

The problem I have is then whenever I switch on my NAS or sometimes just restart the server I lose my settings (share mounted and advanced tree navigation) and registration/licence information.

I purchased my licence after my 30 trial, so whenever the above occurs twonky does not stream.

Is there anything I can do to make sure twonky retains the information, permanently :?: Its driving me crackers .... :shock:

sp4ngle
AV Hardware:Archos TV+
Twonky MediaServer 4.3 running on Shuttle PC

Re: Registration and config settings disappearing in 4.4.9

Post by sp4ngle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Did you get a response to this?

I have been having the same problem with MediaServer 4.3. It's not consistent - sometimes it will last two or three reboots before it loses the settings.

I have copied the config file and just copy it back when the problem happens, but it's a pain as my media server is headless. I've been running Twonky on this server for a LONG time, I don't see what can have caused the problem unless Norton or WIndowsXP have been updated. But then I would expect other people to have the same problem.

Sabrerain
AV Hardware:na

Re: Registration and config settings disappearing in 4.4.9

Post by Sabrerain » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 pm

No, I have had no response from anyone. As you said I thought more people would be having issue if it was windows update related. Its just frustrating as I cant seem to troubleshoot the issue successfully.

I just want twonky to retain the settings and licence code indefinitely !!! :cry: