Problem with WMA and Logik IRMA client

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
fredme
AV Hardware:Logik IR100
Bubba Server
Problem with WMA and Logik IRMA client

Post by fredme » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:44 pm

I am running the trial version of 4.4.9. This works fine with several upnp clients that I have tried both for mp3 and wma files. However with my Logik IRMA (internet radio) device wma files don't work. When trying to play a wma the display on the Logik gets to "Buffering 0%" and then nothing else until it times-out. Mp3 files play fine.

I have also tried the Logik with other upnp servers (MS Media Player, Orb, XBMC) and all is fine.

So it would seem there is some subtle incompatibility between Logik and Twonky.

I have noticed that on the Clients/Security web page the Logik device is identified as an OXX Alto which obviously is not correct. If I try changing the entry to another device, such as a generic one, the entry keeps going back to OXX Alto.

Andy ideas where I might look?

Thanks.

qw12
AV Hardware:Musicpal, windows media player

Re: Problem with WMA and Logik IRMA client

Post by qw12 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:29 pm

I have a similar problem:
TwonkyVsion Version 4.4.6, running on QNAP TS-101
Client: Musicpal (freecom)

If I stream the same WMA-files from WindowsMediaPlayer, everything works fine.
So I suppose there is subtle thing with Twonky and WMA....

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: Problem with WMA and Logik IRMA client

Post by mgillespie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:37 pm

fredme wrote: I have noticed that on the Clients/Security web page the Logik device is identified as an OXX Alto which obviously is not correct. If I try changing the entry to another device, such as a generic one, the entry keeps going back to OXX Alto.
A quick google reveals this unit is based on a off the shelf chipset by OXXDigital.

http://logikir100.tripod.com/recivamodels.htm

It looks like the Logik IRMA is a rebadged OXX Alto, so I would think Twonky is correctly identifying it. As for your other issues, there does seem to be a couple of firmware updates mentioned, do you have these installed on the unit?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.