Problems with Twonky and Soundbride

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Pro90
AV Hardware:Roku/Pinnacle Soundbridge Home Music M1001, HP Compaq Ipaq with Visual MR
Problems with Twonky and Soundbride

Post by Pro90 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi!

I have a Pinnacle soundbridge as a music client and I'm using TwonkyVision for streaming music into my chamber...

My problem is this:
Some albums aren't showing up when I'm searching through the interprets list although this albums are displayed in the albums list...
So I can only find some albums I want to listen over the albums list...

When I'm looking up the tags of these albums, I can't see anything extraordinary...

Can someone help me??

THX & Excuse my bad English

Pro

Schlitz

Re: Problems with Twonky and Soundbride

Post by Schlitz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:05 am

I think the artist MP3 tag is filled out ?!

Is the artist's name displayed on the diplay of the soundbridge if you play it ?
If yes: the problem is located in the TwonkyMedia Config/software
If no: please verify that the MP3 tag is filled out correctly.

Hope that helps
Schlitz

Pro90
AV Hardware:Roku/Pinnacle Soundbridge Home Music M1001, HP Compaq Ipaq with Visual MR

Post by Pro90 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:07 pm

all mp3s are tagged correctly.
when I search the artist list and press play on an artist, soundbridge plays all mp3's correctly, also those mp3s from the albums twonky doesn't display.
It seems that the more often I rebuild the database in twonky, the less albums are shown in the artist list...

From which file does the soundbridge take the information for artist list???

tsparc
AV Hardware:Lacie Ethernet Big Disk
PS3
Archos 605 WiFi

Post by tsparc » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:38 am

I run a Roku M1001 soudbridge off a Qnap TS109 II Pro running Twonky 4.4.6 and see something similar.

I think the problem lies in the difference between how iTundes files the tracks in it's folder structure and how Twonky builds it's database. It's irritating. For example in iTunes ripping a cd which is not a compilation somes results in it being field under compilations or "various" but iTunes still picks this up. But when you browse in Twonky (Roku & PS3) you don't see this organization rather the actual folder structure. Meta Data is properly filled out so Twonky must just be looking at the folder structure. It's irritating to say the least.

My iTunes library location is \\server\share\music, the same location Twonky scans from. And I read in another post by Twonky staff that the iTunes library XML file is no longer used for building libraries in Twonky since v 4.1