Best Windows Home Server Software

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.
Best Windows Home Server Software

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:46 pm

It’s time to vote again. But this time it’s for something really important. Twonky Media Server has been selected as a finalist for “Best Windows Home Server Software of 2008” on the popular Website “We Got Served”.

Click here to vote: http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/2008/12/07 ... ards-2008/

Scroll down to Best Windows Home Server Software of 2008 and you will find PVConnect/Twonky Media. After you’ve selected TwonkyMedia make sure to press the yellow vote button, so your vote will be counted. You must vote before Dec. 19th, so don’t wait.

If you have trouble connecting to the above link, then go to http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/ and click where it states “Vote Now in the We Got Served Reader Awards 2008).

Thanks in advance for all of you who vote for TwonkyMedia. We really do appreciate your vote.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

daddelkopp
AV Hardware:UPnP Server: Twonky 4.4.9 (Linux ARM little endian glibc 2.2.5) on Linksys NSLU2 -> Debian ETCH
UPnP Clients: DNT IPDIO Mini Pro, XBMC and some Software Windows/Linux clients

Re: Best Windows Home Server Software

Post by daddelkopp » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:24 pm

An official post :shock:

I hope this means we get support for our paid software, again? There are many people (me too) which have problems with the actual Twonky release and you ask for a positive voting for your product?

Just think a moment... Is this is a good idea?

daddelkopp

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:21 pm

daddelkopp wrote:An official post :shock:

I hope this means we get support for our paid software, again? There are many people (me too) which have problems with the actual Twonky release and you ask for a positive voting for your product?

Just think a moment... Is this is a good idea?

daddelkopp
Give them a break. Christian, who previously was very active on the forums, is now VERY busy working on product development. However there are now more PV/Twonky staff posting here that we have ever had, be grateful for that, please!!!
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

doggydoo
AV Hardware:QNAP NAS, 2 x Bluesound Flex, Pulse Mini, Node 2 and Node 2i.
Arcam CD73T + Arcam A70 + Monitor Audio RS6.

Post by doggydoo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Yep I have to agree with mgillespie.

We all know that it's great software with bugs but it does look like things might be on the up.

Hopefully if we support PV then they will be obliged to support us.

doggydoo
Synology DS106e with Twonky 4.4.9, Zyxel DMA1000 and Noxon 2.
Arcam CD73T + Arcam A70 + Monitor Audio RS6.

daddelkopp
AV Hardware:UPnP Server: Twonky 4.4.9 (Linux ARM little endian glibc 2.2.5) on Linksys NSLU2 -> Debian ETCH
UPnP Clients: DNT IPDIO Mini Pro, XBMC and some Software Windows/Linux clients

Post by daddelkopp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:55 am

doggydoo wrote:Hopefully if we support PV then they will be obliged to support us.[doggydoo
I hope, that is a joke? I like this product, too. But if many people have problems, they wish to know that someone recognize them. All I want is, that someone official tell me "We know the problem, we working on it. A new version will be available in about 3 weeks." Something like that. And what is with the special versions for the different nas systems? This versions where the big point to buy this product (for me ARM LE). Are them dead? Whats going on? I need answers. And many other people, too.

daddelkopp

ps: Sorry for my bad english.

bbrip

Post by bbrip » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:18 pm

Well, they probably are serious about expecting aus to vote for a product that must rank straight at the bottom for customer support and getting issues fixed in a timely fashion.

Pathetic!

rmkmonk
AV Hardware:Helios X5000 Wireless Streamer
IcyBox IB-4220-NAS

Post by rmkmonk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:25 pm

I suppose we're over a barrel really! We want it to be, well just working would be fine! But because there's no alternative, we have to hope it gets fixed. I actually don't use it on Windows, but a Linux NAS device. Is that included?