Can't buy a license

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
tankduck
AV Hardware:ICYBOX NAS
Can't buy a license

Post by tankduck » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi guys,
Been using twonkymedia server trial for 30 days which has worked fantastic, but now the trial has run out and the twonkyvision site seems to be down so I cannot buy a license and the only thing I can get on is the twonkymedia manager site which doesn't really help as I'm using a NAS device which I doubt will run that.

Cheers guys

Kris

tankduck

Re: Can't buy a license

Post by tankduck » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:38 am

Does noone know what the deal is with this? It seems that the entire twonkyvision.de site is down, which even the new twonkymedia site is linking to. I desperately need to get this sorted with xmas only a few days away and pretty much everything mediabased in the house is relying on twonkyserver working.

Does anyone from twonky read the forum, if the shop system is indeed down could I be sent a paypal address and price so that I may pay for a key outside the store?

Cheers again

abuechne
AV Hardware:Raidsonic NAS 4220 (twonky server 4.4); Freecom MusicPAL; Windows VISAT Mediaplayer

Post by abuechne » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:56 am

Hello
I have the same problem. I bued a raidsonic 4220 with preinstalled twonky server and now I need to buy a licence! But on the web side twonkymedia.de where is only a possiblility to buy twonky manger licence!
Please help quickly! Thx. Alwin

hajuro

Post by hajuro » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:55 pm

It's possible for current TwonkyMedia_Server User to buy an upgrade at http://twonkymedia.com/buy_current.html
Downloadlinks for the Server for both versions are here: http://twonkymedia.com/installs.html

abuechne
AV Hardware:Raidsonic NAS 4220 (twonky server 4.4); Freecom MusicPAL; Windows VISAT Mediaplayer

Post by abuechne » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Thanks, but I haven't an licence key. I the moment (until yesterday) I have a Trial version how is nor expired! So can can not update because a haven't a licence key for Update.

Is it possible to by a Licence key for a 4.4 oder 4.4.9 (RaidSonic) Server version today (Via VISA card?).

Thx.

Alwin

tankduck

Post by tankduck » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:51 pm

Exactly, you can upgrade if you have a key but there is no way to get a key, like abuechne said, is there anyway of getting a license for the twonkymedia SERVER, ideally for v5 as I want to upgrade from 4.4.

Cheers

abuechne

Post by abuechne » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Two week ago where, where was the possibility, but at this time I am still waiting for the NAS device. Now on the new site is no more possibility (only update with an existing licence key). Is it possible to get a key until 23. december?
thx.
Alwin

pika
AV Hardware:IB-NAS4220-B

Post by pika » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:34 pm

I am in the same boat, Running a 30 day trial version of twonky media 4.4.9 on a Icy Box NAS 4220-B

I would like to upgrade to the full version (4.4.9 or 5.0) but I am not able to as I don't have a licence key!. None of the links that were working last week for buying the full version are working now!! I do not want buy twonky media manager as it will be only used on my NAS.

Does anyone from Twonky Media have a solution??

May I also make a suggestion that you update all the webpages that were linked to from your existing products to forward to your new site rather than to pages that don't exist.
ie
http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/index-shop.php
http://www.twonkyvision.com/Support/FAQ/faq.php

tankduck

Post by tankduck » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:41 am

I assume twonkymedia manager won't work on a nas the same as twonkymedia server, granted that it includes a server?

tankduck

Post by tankduck » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:51 am

.......still nothing I see. I never thought I would find myself begging to buy software, lol. Pretty pretty please may I buy a license please Mr Twonky, sir?

abuechne

Post by abuechne » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:42 pm

Yes, please may I buy a license please Mr Twonky? - also from me! If it is not possible to buy please give us at least a trial key to use the server over the christmas time....
Thx. Alwin

pika

Post by pika » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:36 pm

tankduck wrote:.......still nothing I see. I never thought I would find myself begging to buy software, lol. Pretty pretty please may I buy a license please Mr Twonky, sir?
Yes my thoughts exactly :lol:

Anyone from twonky listening or have you all taken a few weeks off for the holidays?

pika

Post by pika » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:40 pm

I have contacted their support, maybe they will have an answer for us??

copymaster
AV Hardware:Panasonic TH PZ 85 E
AV Receiver Harman/Kardon AVR45
Dreambox 7000
Playstation PS3
Buffalo LS250 GL Pro (v1)

Post by copymaster » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:54 pm

Hello,
I installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo Linkstation LS250GL now i see i have only 30 days Trail.
I dont want to delete it again.
Where can i buy a license.

Greetings

Martin

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi Martin

According to the Product Manager (Rick), it is possible to buy a licence provided you follow the steps he outlines a couple of posts above my own post here. Please read his post, and the response to my post as it is possible that it could go wrong if you get the wrong licence. It seems you must get a licence for the TM5 server (which he believes will work with TM4) and not the TM1 media manager (which doesn't work with TM4).

I haven't tried this yet as I'm waiting for a few days after they start work (5th Jan) in to see if anything else happens. I'd advise holding off until then unless your trial version has expired already. If it has expired, it might be worth trying the method outlined by Rick. If you do, please let me know how you get on.

Bri