Will a 5.0 TwonkyMedia Server Licence Key work on a 4.4.1 ?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
davygravy
AV Hardware:XBMC on an XBox 1.6, Roku M1000, various hacked Buffalo NAS devices running foonas & Debian (Lenny & Etch), with PPC, ARM9 and Mipsel processors.
Will a 5.0 TwonkyMedia Server Licence Key work on a 4.4.1 ?

Post by davygravy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:40 pm

I have a NAS device running foonas (foonas.org), and my trial period expires in about 16 days. I am happy to buy a license, but want to know for sure that the key that I buy for 5.0 will work in the 4.4.1 version that I have installed.
XBMC on an XBox 1.6, Roku M1000, various hacked Buffalo NAS devices running foonas & Debian (Lenny & Etch), with PPC, ARM9 and Mipsel processors.

http://www.linkstationwiki.net

jeremy.lloyd
AV Hardware:PS3 and Roku

Re: Will a 5.0 TwonkyMedia Server Licence Key work on a 4.4.1 ?

Post by jeremy.lloyd » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:27 am

Don't know about TMS v5, but a TMM v5 (Twonky Media Manager) licence key doesn't work on v4.

Looking at the web site it also seems you can only buy a new licence key for TMM v5. TMS v5 licence keys can only bought on upgrade from an existing TMS v4 licence. That's my reading of the web site, anyway.

Regards

steveg
AV Hardware:Buffalo link station
xbox x 2
ps3

Post by steveg » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 am

davygravy wrote:I have a NAS device running foonas (foonas.org), and my trial period expires in about 16 days. I am happy to buy a license, but want to know for sure that the key that I buy for 5.0 will work in the 4.4.1 version that I have installed.
Dont buy it, I did, I have 4.4.9 and it didnt work, worse still PV are not replying to my emails and havent yet returned my phone call :cry: :cry:

davygravy
AV Hardware:XBMC on an XBox 1.6, Roku M1000, various hacked Buffalo NAS devices running foonas & Debian (Lenny & Etch), with PPC, ARM9 and Mipsel processors.

Post by davygravy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:51 pm

steveg wrote:
Dont buy it, I did, I have 4.4.9 and it didnt work, worse still PV are not replying to my emails and havent yet returned my phone call :cry: :cry:
thanks for the info steveg ... I have crosscompiled mediatomb 0.11.0 in OpenEmbedded, for my LS2 that is running foonas, and it works very well with my Roku and my XBMC.

:D

Pictures/slideshows & music are flawless, and I like the way the database tree functions. The learning curve for mediatomb is just a bit steeper than that for TwonkyMedia server, but it has some features that (for me at least) are well worth it. :lol:
XBMC on an XBox 1.6, Roku M1000, various hacked Buffalo NAS devices running foonas & Debian (Lenny & Etch), with PPC, ARM9 and Mipsel processors.

http://www.linkstationwiki.net