A disgruntled customer

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Penn
AV Hardware:XBOX 360
PS3
A disgruntled customer

Post by Penn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Twonky staff,

I've been using TwonkyVision for nearly a year now after purchasing a license key. I could not fault the software, it has always worked flawlessly, given me absolute control over who I allowed to view my content and has been recommended to numerous friends and family members by myself.

I've just spent the last 2 hours absolutely regretting my decision to try the new TwonkyMedia Manager. It completely destroyed my TwonkyMedia 4.4.6 install and obliterated my playlists. It was also extremely difficult to navigate through the simplistic yet highly confusing menus. I could not get any of my video files to play on my XBOX360 or PS3, as you can imagine, i was very unhappy.

I figured I'd revert back to an old install only to find that all download links to the 4.4.6 server are dead. Not a problem, I thought I'd give 4.4.11 a go - BIG mistake. To cut an absolute horror story short, i am now running the latest 5.0 server build which i have to say, is running as perfect as my 4.4.6 install. So can you imagine how horrified i was to be prompted that my TwonkyMedia license key was invalid for this version. After a quick browse of the forums, am i coming to the conclusion that i will now have to pay for the version 5 server license?

I will now have to pay for another license key to obtain the same (working) features i had in version 4.4.6!?!

I am beginning to wonder why i even bothered trying your new piece of software as all it has done is annoy me, waste 2 hours of my time, and leave me out of pocket.

I would like to know where i stand in regards to this, am i REALLY going to have to pay £25 for something I've already paid £25 for?

Yours Sincerely,

Penn.

TwinMoonsAnime

Re: A disgruntled customer

Post by TwinMoonsAnime » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:14 am

I recently "upgraded" to 5.0 as well and paid the license fee, but frankly don't see much improvement. However, you can still download 4.4.6:

http://www.twonkymedia.com/installs.html

Penn
AV Hardware:XBOX 360
PS3

Re: A disgruntled customer

Post by Penn » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 am

TwinMoonsAnime wrote:I recently "upgraded" to 5.0 as well and paid the license fee, but frankly don't see much improvement. However, you can still download 4.4.6:

http://www.twonkymedia.com/installs.html
Looks like they've fixed the download links. Might go back to 4.4.6 now.