FLAC Issue on Pioneer SC-LX71 AMP

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Iwan M
AV Hardware:Plasma Pioneer LX5090, Amp Pioneer SC-LX71, NAS MyBookWorld II
FLAC Issue on Pioneer SC-LX71 AMP

Post by Iwan M » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi,

I recently installed TwonkyMedia 4.4.11 on my WD MyBookWorld II NAS. I am able to see all the Flac songs on on my Pioneer AMP, and play them. However I am not able to see all Artist/ Album names etc. That means that for me I only have a folder which contains > 6000 Flac files which is hardly usable. Does anybody have a clue as to what the issue can be here ? Permissions etc look good, Twonky indicates that its sharing all the files etc so that is not the issue. When I compare tags of the Flac files (the ones that do show up as artist/ album and the ones that don't) there is no noticable difference.

Hope anyone has a clue as it is frustrating me :-(

Thanks - Iwan

k1200rs
AV Hardware:Does no longer attend this forum.

Re: FLAC Issue on Pioneer SC-LX71 AMP

Post by k1200rs » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 pm

I cannot really help you, sorry, but just a question, what shows the Twonkymedia browser? That will give you a firdt indication and what navigation tree have you defined?

Iwan M
AV Hardware:Plasma Pioneer LX5090, Amp Pioneer SC-LX71, NAS MyBookWorld II

Re: FLAC Issue on Pioneer SC-LX71 AMP

Post by Iwan M » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi,

I have used the Advanced default navigation tree. The browser correctly displays the files I share. But there is good news too :-) When I changed sharing Flac to my MP3 folder I saw all my MP3 files. Then I started re-encoding my files with FooBar and they appeared as well. At this point I can therefore only assume that the issue was due to a flac tag corruption/ issue of some kind ... strange but it's working so I am happy :)

Cheers - Iwan