Linked folders (5.0.46)

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
haeb
Linked folders (5.0.46)

Post by haeb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi all,

after upgrading to from 4.x to 5.0.46 i can't use my main media folders, because they are softlinks and twonkymedia refuses to use links.

logfile entry:
16:58:38:726 LOG_SCAN: ignored link /daten/musik/alles/Marianne Faithfull

The previous version does accept these media folders. Is there a setting to get my folders back?

Horst

Otacon
AV Hardware:Xbox 360

Re: Linked folders (5.0.46)

Post by Otacon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Mine follows symlinks just fine, didnt have to change anything. I think there's a configurable option for inotify following symlinks, but not for the whole app?

haeb

Re: Linked folders (5.0.46) -SOLVED

Post by haeb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi otacon,
thanks for your suggestion, but i found it out by myself.

Changing the twonkymedia-server.ini (not twonkymedia-server-default.ini :-)) followlinks=0 to followlinks=1 gives me back the symlink folders. For it is binary, use a emac editor!

Horst

ToyotaHEAD
AV Hardware:?

Post by ToyotaHEAD » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:27 am

ok i must be a total newb or something....

But I am having the same problem, where my media isnt being scanned. Infact the log reports the directories as being ignored that contain my media. So I see above a fix to follow symlinks. Now when I go to amend the twonkymedia-server.ini via the console; the file is all giberish (sorta like a binary file...)

I went back and amended the twonkymedia-server.default.ini file to follow symlinks, then copied it over to twonkymedia-server.ini. Thinking this would allow me to start fresh. And by all means it did. I had to re-enter my activation code, and re-enter my media's dir again. Unfortunatly it still comes up saying these directories are being ignored.

HELP.....

Thanks

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Post by PeeBee » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:48 pm

ToyotaHEAD wrote:ok i must be a total newb or something....

But I am having the same problem, where my media isnt being scanned. Infact the log reports the directories as being ignored that contain my media. So I see above a fix to follow symlinks. Now when I go to amend the twonkymedia-server.ini via the console; the file is all giberish (sorta like a binary file...)

I went back and amended the twonkymedia-server.default.ini file to follow symlinks, then copied it over to twonkymedia-server.ini. Thinking this would allow me to start fresh. And by all means it did. I had to re-enter my activation code, and re-enter my media's dir again. Unfortunatly it still comes up saying these directories are being ignored.

HELP.....

Thanks
You can check the option that is set by using:

http://<your-ip>:9000/rpc/get_option?followlinks

in your browser. Then try setting the option using an RPC call instead which will then update the INI file correctly:

http://<your-ip>:9000/rpc/set_option?followlinks=1

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

ToyotaHEAD
AV Hardware:?

Post by ToyotaHEAD » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Yup done that, follow links is definitely = 1.

As a test I set a share to just root.... / and let it grind on the entire filesystem. There were several ignored dir's.

/usr
/var
/etc
and so on...

The few it did not ignore were:

/
/home

Is this a hard-coded ignore list that twonky uses? If so I am kinda confused, as the twonky uploaded destinations are:
/var/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server-uploaded-music
/var/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server-uploaded-videos
/var/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server-uploaded-pictures
All of which are being ignored as well...???