Twonky using >50% CPU when serving MP4

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
probedb
AV Hardware:PS3
Twonky using >50% CPU when serving MP4

Post by probedb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Does anyone know why this might be?

It works fine for a while then all of a sudden the CPU usage jumps causing the PS3 to stutter. This is low (2Mbps) bitrate MP4 with 2 channel AAC, it works fine most of the time but occasionally starts eating CPU time?

Any help appreciated as it's annoying the hell out of me!

Cheers,

Paul.

probedb

Re: Twonky using >50% CPU when serving MP4

Post by probedb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 am

Anyone??

Think I'll have to email them then....it appears they do actually read these forums they just deleted a post I made.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:23 pm

It uses 100% of the CPU on my 1986 intel 286 CPU...

Tell us what hardware and system config, or even ANYTHING about your setup, and someone might actually help you out. The problem is, the shops are all out of crystal balls at the moment.

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3922
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

probedb

Post by probedb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:24 pm

mgillespie wrote:It uses 100% of the CPU on my 1986 intel 286 CPU...

Tell us what hardware and system config, or even ANYTHING about your setup, and someone might actually help you out. The problem is, the shops are all out of crystal balls at the moment.

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3922
Well thanks for the reply...it's certainly a first on here for me.

It's Win XP Pro, latest Twonky 5, 2GB RAM, C2D E6300. It works fine for an hour then all of a sudden decides it needs to eat 50-60% CPU time then after that it will continue to use it. It's only on MP4 as well, there seems to be no problem with the avis I have or hidef m2ts files.

Any help would be appreciated but I think I'll move over to something else anyways, I'm appalled by their attitude to supporting their product which I PAID for. You get better support for free software.