Multiple Servers Listed

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
michaeljhuman2
AV Hardware:Win XP PC
Yamaha RX-V3900, PS3, XBox 360
Multiple Servers Listed

Post by michaeljhuman2 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:27 am

While trying to figure out the XML view stuff, I uninstalled Twonky, and reinstalled it (in case I had done something to mess things up.)

After reinstalling it, I started having issues with multiple servers showing up on my player (Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver.)

Assuming I had not uninstalled it correctly, I unsintalled it again, rebooted, and then deleted any Twonky related files on my HD, and any Twonky entries from the registry. I still have multiple servers showing up. And the service does not seem to be running with any sort of multiple instance option.

For example, this is what I now see -

ATHLON-X2: Any User
(N/A) Twonky : TwonkyMedia: Windows M ...
(N/A) Twonky : TwonkyMedia: Windows M ...
TwonkyMedia [athlon-x2]

The last one is what I named my server. While typing this, the duplicate entry posted above showed up and then dissapeared.

I would fix this, if I could figure out what's causing it, but I am lost. I am comfortable with reg editing, windows services and such, so feel free to grill me on technical specifics. I really want to get Twonky working, it seems really helpful.

michaeljhuman2
AV Hardware:Win XP PC
Yamaha RX-V3900, PS3, XBox 360

Re: Multiple Servers Listed

Post by michaeljhuman2 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 am

I believe I figured out what caused this, mostly. One server was WinMedia, which I had not realized was active. One was Twonky running on my macbook. And one was Twonky running on my PC.

What confused me was the names.

'(N/A) Twonky : TwonkyMedia: Windows M ...' seemed to be the Twonky server running on my macbook. I named it 'Twonky', but it came up as the above mentioned name.

I found out that the only name which comes up as expected was TwonkyMedia [%HOSTNAME%]. Any other name, and I get all that other stuff tacked on.

Lawexec
AV Hardware:Yamaha RX-v3800 AV Home Theater Receiver
PC with Windows 7, 64-bit

Post by Lawexec » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:01 am

Hello: I am using Twonky Media Manager 1.2 and am trying to get it to see my Yamaha RX-V3800 as a device ("renderer") to push music to across my home network.
Can you tell me how to do this?
Thanks.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:16 am

Although I could be wrong, I don't think the Yamaha RX-V3800 is a DMR. That means you can pull music from TMS or TMM, but it you can't push it. Hopefully Yamaha will enable DMR support in the future via a firmware upgrade. As you probably know two of their new wireless music players are DMRs. Let me know if this isn't clear. Thanks.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/