Multiple Libraries

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
robot682
AV Hardware:Ubuntu, X-box 360
Multiple Libraries

Post by robot682 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:58 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to advertise separate shares as separate libraries on the network. I have my music under one folder tree and my girlfriend's music under another folder. I have both folders added as shares within Twonky media server.

When I access the share on the network Twonky shows it as one big library. I would like to be able to connect to them as separate libraries. So I can browse only my music or hers.

Server Version is 5.0.46.
on Ubuntu linux
Streaming to X-box 360

Thank you,
Sam

bump
AV Hardware:NA

Re: Multiple Libraries

Post by bump » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:10 am

This is a very good request, as I have similar issues with my girls' stuff showing up in my music library. Would be great to keep this in a separate Library so my music doesnt get infected by Robbie Williams and stuff :lol:

No seriously, this would be great to have. But as far as I understand, you can only have one server-->one library rather than one server-->multiple libraries.

I am sure it would also be useful to seprate pop/Rock/Jazz etc from classical music as the tagging rules might be somewhat different, so would make a lot of sense keepin those in eparate libraries as well.

Would be fantastic if Twonky could find us a solution for this :)

-bump