5.0.61 Server Builds Online!! (Win/Mac/Linux)

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
5.0.61 Server Builds Online!! (Win/Mac/Linux)

Post by mgillespie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:47 pm

Go get 'em...

http://www.twonkymedia.com/installs.html

This is the same server build number that ships with TwonkyMedia Manager 1.1
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Re: 5.0.61 Server Builds Online!! (Win/Mac/Linux)

Post by mgillespie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Noticed a small quirk, all my Media Receivers were detected incorrectly with all sorts of random Media Receivers being listed. I had to reset the Media Receivers List to restore correct operation. I'm sure this is a once-only upgrade thing, but if you are experiencing any weirdness, it's certainly something to check..

You can reset the Media Receivers list under Advanced Setup, Media Receivers on the configuration webpage.

On the plus side, everything else seems to be working very well, I also see there is a "Ratings" node, and it picks up the ratings I entered in my music. Sweet.... :D
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

bump
AV Hardware:NA

Post by bump » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Great news!! Any idea when the ReadyNas NV+ Addon might be coming up ?

Cheers
-bump

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Don't know i'm afraid, the NAS stuff appears as and when, but history suggests you should keep an eye out here:

http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.61/

Otacon
AV Hardware:Xbox 360

Post by Otacon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks for the heads up, will give it a go tomorrow :)

flynn

Post by flynn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:00 am

i can't find a changelog for 5.0.61 - does it exist?
TMS 5.0.55 @ Thecus N5200BR PRO v2.0.15
PS3 2.70, SB Duet, HR23-700

bump

Post by bump » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:53 pm

I cant either... Would be useful to know whether any of the major bugs have been adressed or just some smallish window-dressing...

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:15 pm

bump wrote:I cant either... Would be useful to know whether any of the major bugs have been adressed or just some smallish window-dressing...
I think it's reasonably substantial changes from 5.0.46 and 5.0.55, I have noticed a few fixes already.

staun
AV Hardware:Playstation 3, Twonky Media 4.4.9 on powerful Debian server.

Post by staun » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:09 am

A changelog would be greatly appreaciated. I have several issues with TMS and hope they go away :D

Soeren

bump

Post by bump » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 pm

mgillespie wrote:I think it's reasonably substantial changes from 5.0.46 and 5.0.55, I have noticed a few fixes already.
sounds great. I'll try it as soon as a NAS version is avail.

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:38 am

Hi Folks

Many thanks to mgillespie for the heads up on this being available. I've just tried the PC version and haven't spotted any differences between this and 5.0.61 and 5.0.55 yet. That said, I only use TMS to stream FLAC files; I haven't tested it on anything else so it's likely that all the changes relate to things I don't use and I'd thus not notice them anyway! Also, as I'm using my own customised tree, any changes to the supplied default one will not be evident on my test setup (due to me replacing it with my own one).

I notice that the PC version still rescans when you start the server. It might be that this is a required aspect of TMS5, but if not, it'd be really cool to have an option to prevent it. It's fine on a PC but on some of the slower NAS's, it will tie them up for far too long.

I note that the database is the same size (my understanding is that any no database changes were anticipated for this release, so no changes were expected anyway). On that note though, I do hope that PV either move the database (or remind Netgear to change the addon package to move the database; I'm not sure who owns that action) to somewhere like /c/webroot. If not, we'll need to ask if super-poussin is willing to compile another addon (and I think that it would be unfair to pester him again as he's not a Netgear employee and I don’t think he even uses Twonky himself). It's worth noting that the ReadyNAS version will be unusable without the database being moved; it would be better to delay its release until this can be addressed.

I haven't checked UPnP discovery times but will wait until the NAS versions are out then give that a go. It felt like 5.0.55 was a bit slow in announcing itself to my UPnP control point, but that could be due to it more closely complying with the 'rules' than TMS4 did (that’s just me guessing based on what’s written in the Twonky FAQ’s about delays)

As stated above, a change log would be really useful so we know what to look for.

Hope my comments are of help :)

Bri

walshchristopherj

Post by walshchristopherj » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Can't wait to try the NAS build. I just purchased the upgrade from version 4 because it seems that Twonky is finally helping out us NAS users. Thanks.

Lelolo
AV Hardware:Synology CS407 & DS509+, PS3 & XBox360

Post by Lelolo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Unsupported have disappeard ?
NAS : Synology CS407
Clients : PS3 & XBox360

bump

Post by bump » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 pm

no changelog, no NAS verioins, no improvements over 5.0.55. no nothing. Looks like Twonky is falling back into their well recognised past habits of ignoring their customers.

-bump

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:14 am

It's been widely documented that NAS support, unless it's been supported by the vendor, is being phased out.

As for no changes since 5.055, I can see numerous fixes, and considering the number of configurations supported, many of the fixes may be device or format specific.

I agree about the changelogs, It would be nice to read them in full, it would also give people a sense of the amount of work being done by the guys (and gals) in Berlin to improve the server, and not just assuming that because you can't see a difference in your configuration, then nothings changed.

Tell us your problems, in a constructive and polite manner, and what you were hoping to see fixed, rather than unconstructive comments, and people make take your comments seriously.

joebonka
AV Hardware:DNS-323

Post by joebonka » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:33 pm

I figured that my DNS-323 would always be unsupported (having always gotten my builds from the /unsupported folder) but I really hope that builds of latest server versions won't be phased out completely. I would just like the ability to download new versions very soon after official builds are made so I can play with them.

5.x isn't very stable, but it does seem like a good feature upgrade from 4.x - it seems to allow me to watch stuff in more formats than 4.x. I'd like to see what 5.0.61 looks like - and subsequent versions too.

I also would really like to know more about variables in the .ini file (such as my key, my sharing paths, etc), so I can add them to the default in case of crashes.

Lelolo
AV Hardware:Synology CS407 & DS509+, PS3 & XBox360

Post by Lelolo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:38 pm

mgillespie wrote:Don't know i'm afraid, the NAS stuff appears as and when, but history suggests you should keep an eye out here:

I read your last reply, but I didn't found any reply to my question :
Where is this folder, because I'm unable to access to it ?
Or if there is no unsupported for this build, please tell us ; I hope I understand your last message, and the response of this question isn't in it :?
NAS : Synology CS407
Clients : PS3 & XBox360

Otacon
AV Hardware:Xbox 360

Post by Otacon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Has anybody been able to make m3u playlists work with this server build? If you have, could you post a sample file so I can compare the syntax with the ones I'm testing with?

bump

Post by bump » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Lelolo wrote:
mgillespie wrote:Don't know i'm afraid, the NAS stuff appears as and when, but history suggests you should keep an eye out here:

I read your last reply, but I didn't found any reply to my question :
Where is this folder, because I'm unable to access to it ?
Or if there is no unsupported for this build, please tell us ; I hope I understand your last message, and the response of this question isn't in it :?

This folder doesn not exist. mgillespie pointed out that - purely hypothetically - the NAS verisons may appear there one day. I wouldnt bet on it...

-bump