Microsoft MPEG4 V2

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
TerryOhr
Microsoft MPEG4 V2

Post by TerryOhr » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:31 pm

I am running Twonky Server 4.4.6 and Dlink DSM-510. This combination works great however some AVI files return the UNSUPPORTED FORMAT message. AVI files with the Xvid or Divx codec play fine, AVI files with the Microsoft MPEG4 V2 codec do not.

Is there a codec I need to install on my PC (by the way, they play fine on my PC)?
Do I need to set something in the Twonky server?
Do I need something in the DSM-510 player?

If the files need to be converted, is there a fast way to convert them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Streki
AV Hardware:NAS TS209 Pro II + PS3, Twonky 4.4.11

Re: Microsoft MPEG4 V2

Post by Streki » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:48 pm

I have same problem with qnap TS-209II Pro, 4.4.17 twonky and PS3 streaming.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: Microsoft MPEG4 V2

Post by mgillespie » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Make sure your client devices are identified correctly (Sony changed the PS3 indetification string a while back, and older TwonkyServers may not identify the PS3 correctly. Either set it manually or upgrade the server to something newer).

As for the MPEG4 V2, I don;t know what this is. MPEG4 is a container format (as is AVI), and whats inside could be anything....

Try running a program called GSPOT on the files, and it might tell you a bit more about that they are.. What program did you use to encode them with?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.