Finding out Playlist URLs for 4.3.x and 4.4.x

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
salsaholic
AV Hardware:Raidsonic ICY BOX IB-NAS-1000-B / Twonky 4.3
Terratec Noxon iRadio 2
Finding out Playlist URLs for 4.3.x and 4.4.x

Post by salsaholic » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Hello,
I guess my question is quite specific, but let's give it a try:
When I store links to my playlists or navigation-tree entries as a favourite on my client, it stores (or better said should store) URLs like
http://<ip>:9000/m3u/1$11$207905896.m3u
Is there any way to find out these URLs directly from Twonky?
The web-interface unfortunately does not use these URLs (I'm using 4.3.x on a Icybox NAS 1000).

Reason for my question: My Noxon iRadio4iPod messes up all URLs of favourites pointing to Twonky. I can correct these in it's web-interface, but this is really annoying, especially as I have to run from Noxon to PC all the time (not in the same room, new favourites don't always get unique names, so I can't create multiple ones). It would be much more comfortable to extract the URLs directly from Twonky and create my favourites in Noxon's web-interface.

Thanks for any hints,
Klaus

salsaholic
Terratec Noxon iRadio 2

Re: Finding out Playlist URLs for 4.3.x and 4.4.x

Post by salsaholic » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:55 pm

Amendment to my initial post:
I was actually having a rather specific hope and should point that out here:
In the release notes for Twonky 4.4.11 (or so) I saw something related to the web-interface for media library browsing being changed from flash (or whatever that was) to plain HTML. Now that raises some hope, that we might be able to see URLs for playlists, media tree nodes and so on here - and with some luck these are the same as my Noxon should store as favourites.
Could someone with a current release like 4.4.11 please check if you can see URLs in the media browser and what these look like? Mabye you can even check if they are identical to favourites in your client... :D
That would be very kind, thanks in advance!
I am simply very reluctant to install the upgrade to 4.4.11 (I think that's the most recent for my NAS) just because of the hope for this, as my current configuration is running stable... "never touch a running system" ;-)
Cheers,
Klaus

salsaholic
Terratec Noxon iRadio 2

Post by salsaholic » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:50 am

Hello,
I just found out that it works with 4.4.11 - I simply installed the Windows version on my PC, so I didn't risk any issues my NAS setup...
With the new HTML media browser in the web interface of Twonky 4.4.x, you'll see playlist-URLs like
<ip>:9000/webbrowse/O1$11$207905897
When you change that to
<ip>:9000/m3u/1$11$207905897.m3u
(i.e. replace "webbrowse" with "m3u", remove one "O", add ".m3u" extension),
you can use these as URL in your client, for example a Noxon iRadio.
Cheers,
Klaus

pcfe
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-439 Pro
Fedora 12 x86_64
PS3

Post by pcfe » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:55 pm

this seems to have changed in 5.1.2
does anyone happen to know what the transformation of the URL would be under 5.1.x?

EDIT: Ah I was going about this wrong. All steps through Roku's remote. Correct steps are;
1) Browse
2) Browser Server Containers
3) Playlists
4) pick the playlist you want to save as preset with 'Play' button
5) Press 'Select' button
6) Save Preset: Container ...

For some reason this is not doable over the Roku's web interface, the drop down menu gets filled with 'Preset' after the steps above but one seemingly can not enter them directly. No matter, works well with the remote.