Going Mad

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
parko58
AV Hardware:`Pure Evoke Flow
Going Mad

Post by parko58 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 am

Hi Hope someone can help with this. Recently have had a number of problems with media server.
Using Media Server 5.0.68 on an imac with Netgear DG834G router and Pure Evoke Flow radio.
Server was installed in January 2009 and was running ok, although not picking up new tracks on itunes, however i now keep getting message Server not responding, even though it is finding the server and I can see al the music tracks. Today I reinstalled still getting server not responding message but a new development is I can listen to playlists(which strangely do get up dated?) but when I try to listen to an individual artist or album the radio shuts down then restarts.
I did try eyeconnect and all was going well it found all my music but when I tried to play them nothing happened.
Any ideas/solutions would be gratefully received.

matzuber
AV Hardware:Pure Evoke Flow

Re: Going Mad

Post by matzuber » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi, I have almost the exact same setup with the same problem.

If I search for an artist, it works okay, I can play the tracks no problem. If I try to expand the artists group the Evoke Flow reboots.

Did you manage to find a solution?

Thanks!

san
AV Hardware:WD My Worldbook (WhiteLight Edition)

Re: Going Mad

Post by san » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:29 am

Did you try to downgrade to 4.4.17 or 4.4.18 versions to solve the issues?
Actually in the forum we've discovered that this releases are more stable (for example for nas and samsung tv) than 5.x newest ver.
Obviouslly we're waiting for a 5.1.1 new release more oriented for the non pc's windows world that be more performant for the other type of SO machine.
Sante