Media Feed not configurable

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Norfolk
AV Hardware:fantec fhdl, twonkyserver 5.68 (testing)
Media Feed not configurable

Post by Norfolk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi!

I run Twonkeymediaserver 5.0.68 (latest Version) in Evaluation-Mode on Linux Ubuntu 8.10 and access config with Firefox 3.5/WinXp.

Except a mediafusion-zombie, everything seems to run nice,

BUT: I cannot change the media-feed-options. They dont save as they should and ofc, also they dont work.
I can use the default settings and watch some youtube stuff, but I cannot customize all those checkboxes for options as well as set a username - since everything gets forgotten.

Interesting Point: Trying youtube with username, the twonky-logfile shows that that youtube-username is actually used or sent to the mediafusion-server, but still neighter are the options saved, nor is anything of the new selected options displayed in the browser.

Any hints on that?

Now you dont tell me thats the Trial-Version and its because of that? Because _this_ bug might be the reason to dumb it instead of paying for it in a few weeks after eval ;)

roeland
AV Hardware:Linux server + PS3

Re: Media Feed not configurable

Post by roeland » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm having the same problem with the registered version.
I tried to change them in the ini-file, but there aren't options for that.

kaplansa

Post by kaplansa » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:29 am

roeland wrote:I'm having the same problem with the registered version.
I tried to change them in the ini-file, but there aren't options for that.
I'm assuming that there are settings in the UI that don't save in the .ini like how there are options in the .ini (like your iTunes XML file) that don't have corresponding elements in the UI. So the question is - has anyone been able to get a hold of a later twonkymedia-server.ini so we can see what the missing values are for supporting youtube and flickr? Then we could just manually enter in the missing data and prey that the logic exists in this version of Twonky to actually read those bits from the twonkymedia-server.ini and load into the database appropriately.

Anyone come up with a twonkymedia-server.ini or a guess as to what the youtube and flickr fields are?

Bong-Master
AV Hardware:..

Post by Bong-Master » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:04 pm

I also have the same issue :( will look through the files to see if i can find them.

Think this might have somthing to do with it being in trial mode :P

kaplansa

Post by kaplansa » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Bong-Master wrote:Think this might have somthing to do with it being in trial mode :P
Guess what - you're right :) I just purchased a key and entered in all the media feeds info, click "saved", and it saved! I'm restarting the server and rescanning now so if it still doesn't pick anything up, I'll letcha know.

In the meanwhile, can anyone confirm if you're able to get Twonky 5 (v1.x) to read the iTunes 9 XML and capture the playlist info? It seems to me that since I upgraded to iTunes 9, Twonky can't see my playlists any longer .... :?: