Linkstation Live: Cannot update to 5.1 still 5.0.64

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
tplus
AV Hardware:Windows XP, Linkstation Home, Zyxel WD1000
Linkstation Live: Cannot update to 5.1 still 5.0.64

Post by tplus » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 am

Hello,

when I try to update to 5.1 the normal way (nasinstaller) I still have the old 5.0.64 (somewhat altered). I tried several times to remove the old version and everything seemed to be removed. I even deleted the twonky directory manually. But then there is always the old version again, complete with old settings and license key. I now copied the 5.1 files and directories manually to the twonky directory. Now I have 5.1 (license key again entered automatically) but the media scan does not seem to work.

There must be old installation data to be deleted on my PC or on the NAS, but where? How to get rid of the old version completely?

Thanks for help...

RG1
AV Hardware:Philips Streamium WAC 7500
Philips Streamium WAS 7500
Philips Streamium WAC 6050
Philips Streamium NP 2900

Re: Linkstation Live: Cannot update to 5.1 still 5.0.64

Post by RG1 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi,
there are installation data in directory /var/twonkymedia on your Linkstation. This directory holds the twonky config file with your license key in it, the database and also a file which contains the version number presented in web frontend. You should delete the entire directory (takes some time because old database consists many small files).