Kodak PictureFrame EX811 and TMS 5.0.68 - Not working!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
ThyMaster
Kodak PictureFrame EX811 and TMS 5.0.68 - Not working!

Post by ThyMaster » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:16 am

Hi,

about 4 weeks ago I dared to update from TMS 4.4.18 to 5.0.68.
I re-wrote the XML file to get the same individual tree-view I had with 4.4.18 and was quite happy.
One of the main reasons to upgrade was the way 5.0.68 organizes/sorts tagged pictures.

In 4.4.18 it is basically unusable while in 5.0.68 it became logical and great to navigate through.

And here lies the problem:
My Kodak EX811 (small brother of the EX1011, which is even listed in the TMS device list) lists all pictures as thumbnails, page by page in 3x6 matrix.
So far so good.
Now if I wait for about 5 seconds the whole preview page with its thumbnails reloads! This happens all over again and again every 5 secs.
While this is acceptable the whole reloading has a bad side-effect:
If I'm not on the first preview page every reload will jump back to the first page, no matter how far I navigated down already! So navigating through pictures from the second preview page on is basically impossible since the screen jumps back to the first pictures after 5 seconds!
I didn't expect such ugly bug within 5.0.68 since the device is even listed in the device list!

Any ideas how to disable this reloading???
For now reverting to stable 4.4.18....

TIA
ThyMaster