Managing serverside playlists from within TMS.

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
Managing serverside playlists from within TMS.

Post by mgillespie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:32 am

I picked up a photo frame with Wifi yesterday (well it came free with a netbook I bought). It's a Sony VGF-CP1, and very nice it is too. The screen clarify and looks are the best I have seen in ANY photo frame, the downside is you can't push media to it :-(

Anyway, to my point, this is my first chance I have had to use serverside playlists, as I want to setup a photo slideshow. I have my media stored on my Linux server (running TMS 5.1), I have tried using TMM 1.2 to setup playlists on the Linux server (a "3 point configuration"), and having mixed results. The main problem being that most of the times things indicate they have been added to the photo playlist, but actually haven't when I click back to the playlist the items have gone.

I realise that 3point control is unsupported (and to make matters worse, I am running a newer server than the one that ships with TMM1.2), so this may be the cause of my non-sticky playlists.

My main question, which I hope someone that's played with photoframe playlists on TMS may be able to answer is, is there any other way to manage these serverside playlists, or can it ONLY be done with TMM? Can I create other types of playlist (M3U??) that will work?

As a side note, I also discovered after spending ages getting a playlist working, that a database rebuild destorys all your serverside playlists!!! Should this be the case? If so, surely a warning dialog needs to be presented telling people this... I would have hated to have lost all my music playlists (fortunately I use M3U for music).
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

pcfe
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-439 Pro
Fedora 12 x86_64
PS3

Re: Managing serverside playlists from within TMS.

Post by pcfe » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Have you had any luck getting the 3-point configuration to work?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Not really, I gave up and put a SD card in :-(

I'll give it another look when 3point configurations are supported in TMM.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

wannarandom
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-410
Samsung LE40 B650

Post by wannarandom » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:29 am

Is there a manual available how can you set up server-side user playlist which is a new feature in 5.0? Is it possible to create random playlists as well? What are you referring to by "3 point configuration"?