Twonky can't see folders on QNAP TS-209Pro II

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
JasonClint
AV Hardware:Linn Sneaky DS, QNAP TS-209 Pro II
Twonky can't see folders on QNAP TS-209Pro II

Post by JasonClint » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Got a really frustrating issue with my setup and can't find any information which seems to address it really.

Setup consists of:
  • Linn Sneaky DS
    QNAP TS-209Pro II - running 2 x 1TB disks in RAID 0
Problem I'm having is that Twonky Server (pre-installed on the QNAP and as far as I am aware, running the most recently released firmware for the device) keeps losing site of the folder/share where the music is stored on the QNAP.

If I browse to the folders on the disks either through windows, or by using the QNAP admin page, I can see the folder and it's contents fine. If I try browsing the folders through the Twonky admin page, the share will just appear to not exist... All other shares display without problem.

Restarting the Twonky Server process doesn't seem to help, and only on a couple of occasions has rebooting the NAS so I can't definitely say that it is fixed by reboots. It seems to be completely random as to when it will see it and when it won't.

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks

JC

san
AV Hardware:WD My Worldbook (WhiteLight Edition)

Re: Twonky can't see folders on QNAP TS-209Pro II

Post by san » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 pm

did you try to set unix admin right for the Qnap folder?
chmod -R 777 <folder name>

JasonClint
AV Hardware:Linn Sneaky DS, QNAP TS-209 Pro II

Post by JasonClint » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:14 pm

san wrote:did you try to set unix admin right for the Qnap folder?
chmod -R 777 <folder name>
By Qnap folder, do you mean the folder containing the music?

san
AV Hardware:WD My Worldbook (WhiteLight Edition)

Post by san » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:24 pm

i mean unix prompt, its a unix command that set administrator privilege to the folder or files

other idea

can you try this: go to the configuration twonky:9000 page chose the last menu (problem resolution or something like) and
click to regenerate database button (the 4th from the left at the top of the page) and restart server

other idea

check in the partition menu that your folders are correctly included and tick in the menu