[BUG] For MP4 Genre=Comedy?????

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
edrikk
[BUG] For MP4 Genre=Comedy?????

Post by edrikk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi,

I Just ran this test on Windows using the 5.1 version of Twonky, and the result is perplexing:

I noticed that I have many MP4 Video items in the "Unknown" genre. All of these MP4s are tagged.
Upon further inspection, I realized that all of the items have been tagged with Genre='Comedy'
When I change the genre tag of one of these items to "Drama", it shows up under the "Drama" genre....
When I change the genre tag of the same item back to "Comedy", it goes back under "Unknown"
When I change the genre tag of the same item to "Comedy2", it is shown under "Comedy2" genre,
When I change the genre tag of the same item back to "Comedy", it goes back under "Unknown"

WTH? Can someone else confirm as well please?

laracroft
AV Hardware:UAA 800

Re: [BUG] For MP4 Genre=Comedy?????

Post by laracroft » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Edrikk.
This is Lara Croft. I read your problem.
This problem might occur due to logical error.
You should post this problem to twonkyvision.

edrikk

Re: [BUG] For MP4 Genre=Comedy?????

Post by edrikk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi can we please get an update on this item?
As per Rick (TMM Manager), the following case was opened for this issue: MM-3279

This is a TMS bug due to the following:

http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=10864
.... MP4 tags have two different ways of writing the genre

1. Standard genres (as known from ID3v1) are written to the gnre atom.
2. User-defined genres are written to the ©gen atom

Since Comedy is one of the standard genres, Mp3tag writes the corresponding genre number to the tags (and not the string itself).

It seems that [TMS] does not conform to this and should be updated with regard to proper handling of both types of genres.