Twonkymedia server doesn't show all the vob files on Bravia

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
vkolli
AV Hardware:WHS on Scaleo Home Server
Sony Bravia 46W5100
Twonkymedia server doesn't show all the vob files on Bravia

Post by vkolli » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 pm

I am using Twonkymedia server running from my WHS server, streaming to Sony Bravia internet W series TV. I am able to see all my photos and mp3s OK. However when i look at videos, only one vob file in each folder shows up. I have my movies and home videos ripped with DVD shrink and I end up with 5 vob files in the video_TS folder in the WHS mediaserver. However only the first vob file in each video_TS folder shows up in the TV. Its always the VTS_01_1.vob file. The rest of the files don't appear. I can see all files in the TMS config pages in the home server.

I am using the new 5.1.1 TMS

Does any one know how to fix this?

Thanks,

VK

vkolli
Sony Bravia 46W5100

Re: Twonkymedia server doesn't show all the vob files on Bravia

Post by vkolli » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Anyone?

Has anyone tried the new TMS 5.1.1 with Bravia TV and got it working. I tried with a XP client running Media manager and it can see all the files OK. TMS servers also lists all the files in its config pages. So I am thinking its an issue with Bravia receiver configuration. The other thing is if its an episode DVD and contains multiple files for each episode, it lists just the first file of each episode, usually titled vts_01_1, vts_02_1, vts_03_1 ...... For some strange reason it seems to be just capturing vts_xx_1.vob in each folder. It does not happen with mp3s or jpegs.

Do anyone know how to debug or tweak Bravia specific receiver settings? This thing is really bothering me and Twonky support is not responding to me.

Thanks,

VK

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Post by PeeBee » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Have you tried playing the one visible VOB to see if it automatically moves on to the next when it has finished?

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

vkolli
Sony Bravia 46W5100

Post by vkolli » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:24 pm

No they don't play. After playing the first it just stops.
That's the first thing I tried, thinking that files are there but are just not listed.

PeeBee

Post by PeeBee » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 pm

I have a load of DVD rips on a USB drive so I've just plugged that into my NAS and got Twonky to rescan. All of the VOBs show up for me when I view them using the Twonky web browser - http://<your-ip-address>:9000/webbrowse. When it's finished scanning I'll check that my TV can see them all as well.

Have you tried the Twonky web browser?

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

vkolli
Sony Bravia 46W5100

Post by vkolli » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks for your help PeeBee. Appreciate it.

Yes, they all show up properly in the Twonky web browser, both on the WHS server itself and also from XP client. They are also show up in the Twonky media manager installed on the XP client. They just don't show up in the Bravia TV. I am also trying to figure out how to turn on logging in WHS to see if the logs offers any clues.

PeeBee

Post by PeeBee » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 am

Sure enough, my Samsung TV showed and played all of the VOB files.

Sounds like a problem with the TV. Have you had a look in the Internet-Ready TVs thread?

PB