Playlists Gone Missing

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
lquam
AV Hardware:Yamaha RXV-2065
Playlists Gone Missing

Post by lquam » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:45 pm

I've had the same thing happen twice now. When the volume/drive that contains my music files is not mounted prior to TMS loading, all playlists lose their contents. The names still appear in TwonkyMediaManager, but they're empty. Restarting TMS or even the PC does nothing at this point.

The general suggestion of rebuilding the database before posting to this forum is a bad one, as that deletes your playlists altogether.

I'm evaluating media servers. I thought TMS would be my media server, but not if a mistake of not having a server or volume mounted is going to cause it to blow away playlists created in TwonkyMediaManager. My wife just spent several hours creating holiday playlists for us to use when we have guests over and now they're gone and I'm not happy.

What's the deal here folks. This seems like a pretty substantial bug that shouldn't be around in a product of this maturity.

TwonkyMedia version: 5.1.2
Server hardware: Athlon XP/White Box
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
If you are running as a system service (Windows only): Yes
Client(s) and their software version: Yamaha RXV-2065 (I'm not going to go find a firmware version now, I have guests coming over.
Type(s) of media you are having problems with: See above, playlists disappearing.
How many files you have in your database: 460
Network type (Wired/Wireless): Wired