Identifying client correctly

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mart
AV Hardware:QNAP TS 419p, QNAP TS 101
FSC Activy media player 150
Twonkymedia 4.4.17 on TS 419p
Twonkymedia 4.4.9 on TS 101
Identifying client correctly

Post by mart » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:29 pm

May be someone else have a similar problem with twonkymedia?

On my QNAP 419p Twonkymedia 4.4.17 ist running. I have an Activy mediaplayer 150 from FSC and it works great with my old QNAP 101 where Twonkymedia 4.4.9 runs. Now I have a problem with the 4.4.17 version. After starting the mediaplayer, twonky will not recognize the player as activy media player - mostly the player is identified as a DSM-Player with following problems in functionality (thumbnails wont be showed, .mpeg forwarding doesn't work, etc.).
To resolve the problem I try to set the client manually by choosing the right player under the link "security/clients" from the dropdown list and disable the checkbox "Enable sharing for new media receivers automatically". This helps only for a short while. Starting the player next time, twonky recognize the player not as activy media player and overwrite the settings I have been set. Therefore I try to change the file mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/clients.data manually to the right player. But this didn't help, too.

Some screenshots:
1. Entries of clients after manipulating manually:
activy.jpg
activy.jpg (99.06KiB)Viewed 2545 times
2. The corresponding client.data file:
clients.jpg
clients.jpg (35.37KiB)Viewed 2545 times
3. Changes made by twonky after restarting the mediaplayer:
dsm.jpg
dsm.jpg (98.52KiB)Viewed 2545 times
Have anybody an idea resolving this problem?