How to get Twonky to read USB Drive attached to my NAS.

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
thompsjc
AV Hardware:My Book World Edition 1TB
My Book Essential 1TB
Belkin N1 Vision
PS3
How to get Twonky to read USB Drive attached to my NAS.

Post by thompsjc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:59 am

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm fairly new to this. I have a My Book World Edition 1TB NAS drive and have a attached via USB a second 1TB My Book Essential drive. I have successfully streamed content via Twonky to my PS3, but it can only see the NAS drive content, not the additional USB drive. Is there anyway of configuring Twonky to see content on both drives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scoutx66
AV Hardware:5.1

Re: How to get Twonky to read USB Drive attached to my NAS.

Post by Scoutx66 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)

Post by DaemonBeetle » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:17 am

The simple answer is to add the path as you did for the NAS drive content. Where you'll find it depends on the OS you're using.
No longer running Twonky

Scoutx66
AV Hardware:5.1

Post by Scoutx66 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:42 am

Hi! Thanks for the answer. The problem is that on the My Book World twonkys contentbase is set to /DataVolume/Public. So you cannot add the path to the USB drive without changing the contentbase. But if you add a symbolic link to the USB share somewhere under /DataVolume/Public you can select the USB path inside the twonkey config webpage and it is working! To do this you first need to enable SSH, then login and use the command ln -s (for me: ln /shares/usb1-1share1/Filme/ videosOnUSB -s) to create the links. The result is this:
/DataVolume/Public/Shared Videos # ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Jan 2 02:27 videosOnUSB -> /shares/usb1-1share1/Filme/

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Post by PeeBee » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:46 am

You need to set the followlinks parameter to get it to follow links.

If you search for followlinks I explained to someone else how to set that parameter recently.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

thompsjc
AV Hardware:My Book World Edition 1TB
My Book Essential 1TB
Belkin N1 Vision
PS3

Post by thompsjc » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi - I managed to change Twonky's ini file so the contentbase allowed me to see other connected USB drives. Trouble is although Twonky can see my additional content on my USB drive, the PS3 can't. Did you find using your method (symbolic link) the PS3 can see/play these files?