Track sort-order problem: back again in 5.1.x

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
john.glasson
AV Hardware:Server: Western Digital My Book World Edition White Light
Clients: Zyxel DMA1000, Philips Streamium 1100, Netgear MP101, Pocket Player on WM5 PDA
Track sort-order problem: back again in 5.1.x

Post by john.glasson » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:23 pm

I had thought that the issue of tracks being sorted incorrectly on some clients had been solved in 4.4 days. But now having bought a NAS with 5.1 installed, it's back again! Problem device is a Pinnacle Showcenter.

I've added an entry to clients.db:

>>
NA:Pinnacle Systems ShowCenter
HH:Pinnacle Systems ShowCenter
XM:DLNANO
XM:IGNORESORT
DB:FIX

... and have tried various combinations of XM and DB keys. None work - Showcenter list all tracks (mp3 and wma) in alpha order. Other clients work ok. Problem is not related to the NAS installation - it's the same when I run 5.1 on a PC.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

John Glasson

john.glasson
AV Hardware:Server: Western Digital My Book World Edition White Light
Clients: Zyxel DMA1000, Philips Streamium 1100, Netgear MP101, Pocket Player on WM5 PDA

Re: Track sort-order problem: back again in 5.1.x

Post by john.glasson » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Update
Replaced my Pinnacle Showcenter by a ZyXEL DMA1000. Track sort oder now works correctly.

Very impressed by the ZyXEL DMA1000. Though it lacks some features, it's a low cost device which works extremely well.

Since it's a Media Renderer (rather than a Media Player) I decided to get a Media Controller for my iPaq The one that seemed to best suit my needs is Rudeo Play & Control. The technology seems to work very well with the ZyXEL. BUT - what do I find but the TRACK SORT ORDER problem is back again with Rudeo! What's even odder is that as soon as I navigate to an Album with Rudeo, the track sort order using Twonky Media Browser also becomes messed up for that volume (ie in Alpha instead of Track No order). Twonky correctly recognises the client as a Rudeo Media Receiver, so that's not the cause of the problem.

QUESTION: does anyone know what determines the track order? Does it depend on the order in which Twonky lists the tracks, or is the Player/Renderer responsible for ordering them?