Configuration questions: Popcorn Hour C-200 +EX490

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
LoneWolf15
AV Hardware:HP Mediasmart EX490, 1 x 1TB, 3 x 1.5TB, 1 x 2TB (external)
Popcorn Hour C-200
Configuration questions: Popcorn Hour C-200 +EX490

Post by LoneWolf15 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi all,

I purchased an HP Mediasmart EX490 as a Christmas gift to myself, to move all of my media off my desktop. It has an installation of Twonky MediaServer bundled, so I thought I'd try using it.

I have a Popcorn Hour C-200 content streamer, which works fine with its bundled My iHome software, or with Windows Media Connector, but it doesn't want to see the EX490 when only Twonky server is enabled. I have configured my Media Receiver by manually entering in the MAC address of the C-200, and then setting it as "Syabas Firmware-Based"; I have also tried setting it to the DLNA generic-compatible settings.

The EX490 has come bundled with version 5.1.0 of Twonky server. I see that 5.1.2 has been released, however I'm a little nervous about updating because several forums for Mediasmart users indicated that the 5.1.1 install breaks the HP bundled version, and I don't want to have to do a System Recovery. It's also possible that it won't help anyway. Has anyone ever set up the Popcorn Hour C-200 to work with Twonky Server, and if so, how did you do it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.