DLNA Streaming pictures to Sony Bravia TV - slow speed

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
jensenhjemme
AV Hardware:Acer PC
Sony Bravia KLD 40V55000
DLNA Streaming pictures to Sony Bravia TV - slow speed

Post by jensenhjemme » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:03 pm

:roll:
Hi
I have just set up my Twonkymedia to my Sony Bravia KLD 40V5500 TV.
I have made the connection via a Gigabit switch with CAT6 ethernet cables. In the Computer is a Gigabit PCI card.
So it should be a Gigabit connection straight up to the TV.

I am streaming Music and HD video very fine to the Sony TV. I can also se pictures.
But the picture function is rather slow. F ex. a picture with a size of 500 kb takes some time to load, and when I want to see the next picture I have to wait for it to load.
I have the latest Sony firmware installed in my TV.
The question is, is the poor performance due to a bottleneck in the Sony Bravia TV ethernet port or hardware, or is it related to some setting in the Twonkyserver (picture capabilities)?
Can someone help?

Best regards

fero
AV Hardware:Dlink NAS DNS-323
Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500

Re: DLNA Streaming pictures to Sony Bravia TV - slow speed

Post by fero » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 am

Hello,

Maybe you can try to check and enable jpeg rescaling feature on Twonky media server if not done already (but I think it is by default turned on for PC version of TMS and disabled by default for NAS builds only).

You can also try to watch your pictures in "presentation mode" on TV (Options -> Presentation) it should be faster as the images seems to be loaded/cached in advance... at least this is my experience it is running faster.

regards
Fero