Begging For Help with "media folders"

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
moxyman
AV Hardware:HP MediaSmart Server w/ WHS
Begging For Help with "media folders"

Post by moxyman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:35 am

Hey guys, if anybody could help me id really appreciate it.

I have an HP MediaSmart 495 running WHS. In the settings it allows me to add folders (in addition to the default Videos, Music, and Pics) to my list of folders Twonky scans and uses. I added the folders "recorded tv and converted videos" from my "shared server folders". However heres my question...

In the twonky settings (on the WHS console... in the HP settings) is shows that my folders were added. However when im back on my desktop and looking at the "shared folders on my server" the default folders for Twonky (Pics, Vids, Music) all have a folder in them called "Twonky Media" however the newly added folders (Recorded Tv and Converted Videos) do not have a specific "twonky media" folder. Is that ok? Will Twonky still see the files i put in those folders and will i be able to stream with them?

Im sure this is a noob question, but i want a definite answer before i start copying over all my files only to find it may not work. Thanks in advance guys!

Oh one more thing... If I dont need the twonky folder (in the music, vids, and photos folders) can i delete it there? I dont plan on using Windows Media Connect. I have a feeling those folders are just there incase people want to use more then just twonky and ive been trying to find an anwser for hours for nothing!