[FIXED] TMS 5.1.2 Error: file has invalid file times

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Chrissy
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia Server 5.1.2
XBMC
[FIXED] TMS 5.1.2 Error: file has invalid file times

Post by Chrissy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:26 am

Hi ya,

I'm getting kinda annoyed as I've tried anything I could to fix the following situation:

My Musicfiles are on the HD "I:" in a Folder called "Musik" - The folder can be accessed, the musicfiles (all MP3) can be played.
But when it comes to adding them to the TMS it just doesn't work at all:
-I tried to change ownership of the folder and all subfolders to make sure, that it isn't any problem with the security functions of Windows 7
-I moved all Folders from one directory to another one
-I removed the folder from the shares and added them again
-I rebuild the database using the WebUI
-I stopped the server, deleted the database and restartet the TMS

Until now to NO avail: It did find SOME Files sometime - but not all.
TMS also surely can access the Drive, as it indexed the photos I added without any problem at all.
I would REALLY love to show you some Error Message out of the log - but well.. there is none: No adding of the music files, no errors regarding them.
It just doesn't do ANYTHING at all.

I would LOVE to buy the software - as it works pretty well (the first UPnP Server that didn't stop to work after playing one file - seems to be a problem with my router) but without indexing my MP3 files this is pretty useless.

I'm looking forward to ANY hint to ANYTHING that I didn't try yet.

EDIT:
I just found the following in the log file:
01/25/10 02:35:37:259 LOG_SYSTEM:upnp_file_find_next_file - file has invalid file times I:\Musik\Chillout
01/25/10 02:35:37:259 LOG_SYSTEM:upnp_file_find_next_file - file has invalid file times I:\Musik\Compilation
01/25/10 02:35:37:259 LOG_SYSTEM:upnp_file_find_next_file - file has invalid file times I:\Musik\ebm wave industrial electro
01/25/10 02:35:37:259 LOG_SYSTEM:upnp_file_find_next_file - file has invalid file times I:\Musik\Folk NeoFolk Mediaval

Well.. what now?
Last edited by Chrissy on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wires
AV Hardware:PS3

Re: TMS 5.1.2 doesn't add ANY music files

Post by Wires » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:43 pm

When you try to add sharing, does that "i" drive show up?

I'm having a similar issue with playlists since my itunes is mapped to a network "m" drive that is really on that same pc.

You can try installing 5.0.68, that version works best for me (other than the large database, and it's a little more quirky on restarts (ie I need to reboot).

Chrissy
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia Server 5.1.2
XBMC

Re: TMS 5.1.2 doesn't add ANY music files

Post by Chrissy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am

Fixed it now:
I created a new folder, shared this folder via TMS and left the rescan interval to -1 (folder scanning).
Then I copied the WHOLE content of the music Folder from the original Folder to the new one - took me 4 1/2 hours (and I'm happy that I didn't convert all of my CDs yet...) and now it works.
Lucky me I guess ;)