Can somebody PLEASE help me? (Folder Explanation)

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
moxyman
AV Hardware:HP MediaSmart Server w/ WHS
Can somebody PLEASE help me? (Folder Explanation)

Post by moxyman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:01 pm

I have an HP MediaSmart 495 running WHS and Twonky. In the Twonky settings it allows me to add folders (in addition to the default Videos, Music, and Pics) to my list of folders Twonky scans and uses. I added the folders "recorded tv and converted videos" from my "shared server folders". However heres my question...

In the twonky settings (on the WHS console... in the HP settings) it shows that my folders were added. However when im back on my desktop and looking at the "shared folders on my server" the default folders for Twonky (Pics, Vids, Music) all have a folder in them called "Twonky Media" however the newly added folders (Recorded Tv and Converted Videos) do not have a specific "twonky media" folder. Is that ok? Will Twonky still see the files i put in those folders and will i be able to stream with them?

If yes, then let me take (complicate) the question one step further. Do I have to have my files in the "Twonky Media" subfolder specifically? Meaning the Music, Photos, and Videos folder all have a “twonkymedia” sub folder in them. So, do I need to have my files in that specific folder in order for them to have the advantages of twonky streaming? Or does just having the top folder (Music, Photos, Videos) selected in the Twonky settings effect all the sub folders?

I ask b/c I have HP Media collector collecting all the new photos and music on my systems. However it doesn’t put it in the specific “twonky media” subfolder (it only puts it in the top folder of Music or Photos). So there’s a lot of cut and pasting I have to do to move things into the twonky subfolders.

I know this is confusing, but hopefully I explained it well enough and somebody can help.

Thanks,
Eric