Only 332 Files Listed

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
jtrevill
AV Hardware:Dlink DNS-343
Dlink DGS-2208 Gigabit Router
XBox 360
Windows SBS
Only 332 Files Listed

Post by jtrevill » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm having a problem, that is new. I'm not sure when it started, but it was working in the past.

I have Media Server (Purchased) and installed. I have pointed it at all my media locations, and using the web browser on computers, can find all of my files without issue.

However, just recenetly, when I go to my Xbox to play my music, it only shows the first 332 files. Not a random 332, the first 332 in the list. How do I get all of my music back through the Xbox?

In addition, another new oddity, and I'm not sure if it is related. When I select movies for example, it gives me different options to search for a movie (specifically one is "by folder"). However, recently, it has been adding multiple "by folder" options. Last week I was up to 5 total. All have the same content, and I can correct the problem by rebuilding the database and restarting the server.

Anyhelp is appreciated.

Jason

jtrevill
AV Hardware:Dlink DNS-343
Dlink DGS-2208 Gigabit Router
XBox 360
Windows SBS

Re: Only 332 Files Listed

Post by jtrevill » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 am

Just an update. Today, I downloaded the newest version of Media Server from the website, but am having the same problem.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Jason

ps - I email support as well, but am awaiting a response. If I get an answer before someone else lets me know they've fixed it, I'll update the post with further info.