Loopback address 127.0.0.1 [SOLVED]

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
audiokaas2
AV Hardware:PopCornHour, Linn Akurate DS
Loopback address 127.0.0.1 [SOLVED]

Post by audiokaas2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:46 am

On the NAS builds of Twonky 5.1.2 it advertises itself as correct-ip-address but also as 127.0.0.1 which is not correct if the controlpoint uses this address, obviously, it does not work.
I've searched the files to see where this is configured but am unable to locate it (using readynas with Twonky)
Can anybody give a pointer to where this might be located? :D

I tried waiting for 5.1.3-RC2 but the new release next week statement is 3 weeks old now and official-support has not responded to a query by me. :roll: Unsupported right?
Slightly p*** as I have bought the upgrade 2 months ago and none of the versions work well. And now it looks like we have to buy an upgrade again to 6.x by end march :( , or whenever it is released...)

Thanks to Larry, it's a Twonky feature RTFM (which I had done many times but obviously not well enough....)
The manual states:
Option name: disablelocalssdp
Values: 0 / 1
Set to 1 to disable SSDP advertizing on localhost (127.0.0.1) network interface.
Default value is 0.

So either by issuing http://twonky_IP:9000/rpc/set_option?disablelocalssdp=1 and restart server or better set the option disablelocalssdp=1 in the twonky.ini twonky no longer advertises itself on the loopback address