Top-level content type mixed up

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
STurtle
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-219p with TMS
Top-level content type mixed up

Post by STurtle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:37 pm

I first select either Video, Music or Pictures on my content player, and used to be presented with the navigation tree for Video, Music or Pictures respectively. Fine.

Now TMS on my NAS was unfortunately updated from 4.4.17 to 5.1.2, and all is a mess. :(

Regardless whether I select Video, Music or Pictures, I am always presented with the same tree, who has the three choices Video, Music and Pictures at the top-level again. So I always have to choose twice, and the first choice (on the player) has no effect whatsoever any more. The remaining tree is then always the same.
How can I go back to choosing only once between Video, Music or Pictures?

I am using TwonkyMediaServer 5.1.2 as included in the Firmware of my NAS (QNAP TS-219p) and my content player is a WD TV Live (1.01.17), which is automatically recognized as such by the TMS.

There are lots of other issues, e.g. I used the "Advanced Navigation Tree" both with v4 and v5, but with v5 im am now entirely unable to play all songs of single genre. I can still play all the songs of ONE artist in ONE genre, but not ALL artists in ONE genre. I guess this is due to the WD TV Live only playing the contents at the current node of the tree, but never anything contained in subdirectories. Then there is the loss of internet radio through .m3u playlists, etc.
So the update to v5 made using the WD TV Live with TMS pretty painful, whereas with v4 it was pretty fine. :(