WD TV Live and TwonkyMedia Server issues

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
dreambox
AV Hardware:WD TV Live
WD TV Live and TwonkyMedia Server issues

Post by dreambox » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Hello!

I'm testing TwonkyMedia Server 5.1.2 installed on Mac Mini and using WD TV Live as a client.
I really like the speed of the server and looking forward to pay for it. But need to resolve some issues that I have.
1. Is a MKV streaming. As you know WD TV Live can handle it without any problem. And indeed, I can play all of my MKV from Samba shared folders. But there is no way to stream them with TMS. When I try to play, my TMS just push CPU to 100% on my mac mini and nothing happened. Then I have to restart WDTV. The strange thing is when I try to play them with XBMC media player installed on my MacBook, the TMS server stream them without any Problem. So, there is just a quetion, that TMS do not understed that WD TV Live can play MKV in the same way as a XBMC. Otherwise there is no problem. As I say the same file played on XBMC, but not WDTV streamed from TMS.
2. It is already mentioned around that it take tooo long to scan shared folder with BD backups (m2ts).

If support read this, please let me know what i can try.
Considering that Wd TV LIve, is a prefect target client for TwonkyMedia Server.
Thank you.