I have a DNS-323 with the latest 1.08 firmware, WNR3500 router with the latest firmware and TwonkyMedia Server 5.1.3.
I noticed that ever since I installed TMS 5.1.3. my DNS-323 stopped hibernation/sleeping of the hard drives and the stoppage of the cooling fan.
I tried to isolate the problem as follows:
- I disconnected the network cable from the DNS-323. HDs did NOT sleep.
- I emptied the print job queue. HDs did NOT sleep.
- I reset the DNS-323 to factory defaults and restarted. HDs did not sleep.
- I reflashed the DNS-323 latest firmware, reset to factory defaults and restarted. HDs did not sleep.
- I made sure TMS was to rescan value "0" (basically, manual scanning). HDs did not sleep.
- I disabled the automatic restart on dynamic NIC changes. HDs did not sleep.
- I stopped the startup of the TM server by commenting its execution line from the fun_plug startup script. HDs DID SLEEP.
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems some service or something with TMS forces the hard drives to keep spinning, and the only way to stop it is to stop twonkyserver altogether, which doesn't make sense for a mediaserver.
Has anyone encountered this problem? What did you do in this case? Is there some other setting that would allow my hard drives to sleep when not in use?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
1 post • Page 1 of 1