Custom builds for a SheevaPlug

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
kev.lee.wright
AV Hardware:Linksys DND-323 (flashed with vanilla debian)
Custom builds for a SheevaPlug

Post by kev.lee.wright » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Trying to get MediaServer 5.1.3 running on Debian Lenny little-endian, with no luck.

So far I've tried all the "vanilla" ARM builds, as well as the the Linkstation Pro build; this came closest to working but just keeps restarting, and will seg fault if I run twonkymediamanager explicitly. My OS is definitely little-endian, so I know I have that part right, and debian also uses glibc (not uclibc)

Using a dedicated/local copy of uclibc doesn't seem to be an option either, as the binary toolchain is no longer available from free-electrons.com, and running a build from source is enough of a pain-in-the-proverbial that it's less hastle for me to stick with MediaServer v4.

Researching on this forum, I've noticed a number of posts referring to "custom builds" for the sheevaplug. Specifically I'm looking for the following build (as reported via the `file twonkymedia` command):

twonkymedia: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.14, stripped

Where can I get my hands on this most elusive of builds? "SheevaPlug" doesn't appear to be listed on the NAS downloads page for any version that I can see.

TheBigYahi
AV Hardware:PS3
Running Twonky Server on a SheevaPlug

Re: Custom builds for a SheevaPlug

Post by TheBigYahi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:53 pm

You want the Kirkwood version, it's at the bottom of the list.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: Custom builds for a SheevaPlug

Post by mgillespie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm running in on my Debian Squeeze on my Sheevaplug with no problems whatsoever.

I also put together a guide on the PlugComputer wiki;

http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index. ... Sheevaplug